• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 210 series - subwoofer placement

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2018 AR210 - ideas and pics on subwoofer placement? I think any 2017-2020 210 would be similar config other than co captain chair so all ideas are helpful. Thank you

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I put an 8" powered bazooka tube/sub under the front seat.
4 JL6.5 speakers and JBL 4 channel amp.
Sounds decent however it lacks "mid-bass".
I believe that is just the way it is....the boat is soo open that there is a lot of "free air" and it just does not have the mid bass punch I like.
Last boat, all the speaker locations were closed off and it had much more punch.

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Maybe better mid bass places in one of the enclosed seat storage areas versus free/open bazooka. I might go with under that bench seat and cutting a hole. This would also let me access the bench seat bolts/nuts so I can keep it tightened down.

jamesk

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
In my experience ( I have done numerous subs in cars) subs even in enclosed boxes don't make the midbass that a 6.5 or 6x9 full range speakers produce. An enclosed sub has more mid bass than a free air but system still lacks the punch I was looking for.