• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212x Ballast Not Working

gfletcher3114

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Hello,

My aft right and left ballast are not working. The center ballast is working fine. When I try to add ballast on the aft I see the % increase on the screen, but that red background behind the arrow never lights up (indicating that the ballast is filling). I dont hear the pumps kick on either. Both of my flow valves are open.

Im thinking maybe a fuse? But I didnt see a fuse to the ballast in the manual.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!

Buckeye Boater

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
hey I don't have an answer but I have the same boat, did you get this figured out?

MidnightRider

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Malibu
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hello,

My aft right and left ballast are not working. The center ballast is working fine. When I try to add ballast on the aft I see the % increase on the screen, but that red background behind the arrow never lights up (indicating that the ballast is filling). I dont hear the pumps kick on either. Both of my flow valves are open.

Im thinking maybe a fuse? But I didnt see a fuse to the ballast in the manual.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thank you!
Have you tried going through the calibration setup. This doesn't sound like that would be the issue but something I'd probably try if it was me. If nothing else you'd see if the pumps activate from that calibration setting page or not.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There are no fuses for the ballast pump system. I would suspect that either the ballast pump control unit is bad or somehow terminals are coming out of the mating connector going to the ballast pump control unit. More than likely either would mean a trip to your repair center. The ballast pump control unit is the black box screwed to the starboard side wall in the engine compartment. The pumps are seldom the issue, especially in your case. I would never expect two of the pumps to go out at the same time.