• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212x Boat Show Price

familyboat20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
First time poster here. I'm 99% confident that we are going to pull the trigger on a 2017 212x this coming year.....pretty excited!! Through some of our my research, I've seen that typically Yamaha will not move on prices, especially on new boats at the beginning of the year. However some of the dealers I've spoken with, there is some concern that with the hefty price increase of the 212x could cause them to be harder to move (hopefully encouraging them to move some on price and offer incentives). So I'm curious what the community thinks boat show pricing might be for the 2017 212x as I plan on heading to the Cincinnati boat show in January. What would you view as a great/good/bad deal? I've been to the SeeDealerCost website and there is no information on 2017s Yamahas, yet. My guess is you can accurately say there is $4k-6k difference in MSRP and invoice. Thanks in advance, as this forum has been EXTREMELY helpful in my research!!

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1. Welcome Aboard
2. (Short Version) It depends.....

2A. (Long version) .....on what your local market looks like (is it competitive with multiple dealers in close proximity) and how early in the season you buy. Since the 212 Series is revamped I don't expect that there will be a whole lot of wiggle room on MSRP. While you may get "some" every dealer you talk to initially will tell you the price is fixed by Yamaha and they have no wiggle room. While not entirely true, they tend to play that card often. Where the real "difference" tends to come for most, is in what you may get offered as extras.

That said, there are several factors to consider when selecting your dealer (if you have multiple options) in no particular order.

a. Proximity to where you boat/live
b. How is there service/warranty/parts dept to deal with
(Service after the sale can be the difference between an outstanding ownership experience and hating life)
c. Price
d. Extras

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! On new models like that they usually stick pretty close to Msrp I would say in January if you walked out the door at msrp you are probably doing good as it seems most new models they stick with Msrp plus all there dealer prep and transportation fees. Even if they are hard to move you probably won't see price drops on them till September or October of next year. Best of luck in your search!

familyboat20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for the replies so far! There are two Yamaha dealers in an 1 hour radius of my house, so that could be helpful to 'play' one off the other and I believe both will be at the Cincinnati boat show. I'm not sure if one has a better service department than the other, but I can look into. As for "extras", any thoughts on what I could expect/negotiate regarding this area? Would $1k/$2k/$3k towards Yamaha credit to buy covers/boards/etc.. be an area where I could push hard for negotiations, especially if I'm not able to budge much on price?

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat (no pun intended haha). I'm buying a 212 limited s but I'm waiting to see what is offered at the Baltimore boat show January 26-29 I've got a preliminary price (just over MSRP) but I'm anxious to see what else can be thrown in. There will be a couple dealers there. I'm hoping interest rates are good too. Good luck!

Bill D

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Some buyers have been able to get things such as life vests, fire extinguishers, anchor and rode, mooring cover, fenders, dock lines, etc... thrown in. Good luck with your purchase!

gsbrown

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Just a few things you should ask them to throw in.
I bought this September at New Jersey boat show. They added 2 years to warranty. Freight and prep costs taken off. Black Yamaha mooring cover. Coast guard package (6 orange life vests, throw cushion, flairs, ropes, fire extinguisher etc.) Anchor with rope. Suction cup rear view mirror. I got 20% off the Seadek flooring for cock pit and they installed it for free.
Good luck with your purchase. Your gonna love it!

Last edited:

OCMD

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm in the same boat (no pun intended haha). I'm buying a 212 limited s but I'm waiting to see what is offered at the Baltimore boat show January 26-29 I've got a preliminary price (just over MSRP) but I'm anxious to see what else can be thrown in. There will be a couple dealers there. I'm hoping interest rates are good too. Good luck!
Jeff if you see Bayside Jet Drive at the Baltimore show, and it comes down to a few bucks, go with them. The best service within the state of MD on jet boats, bar none.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Can anyone tell me; If I bought from a particular dealer and found I didn't like their customer service, could I take it to another dealer for work? Are there any issues with this when it comes to warranty work? I guess it has to be a dealer to perform warranty work, not just someone who's authorized to work on Yamaha?

GiddYupJoe

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
NA
Can anyone tell me; If I bought from a particular dealer and found I didn't like their customer service, could I take it to another dealer for work? Are there any issues with this when it comes to warranty work? I guess it has to be a dealer to perform warranty work, not just someone who's authorized to work on Yamaha?
You can absolutely take it to any authorized dealer to do warranty work and service. BUT a lot of times it's typica for dealers to preferential to customers that purchased from them. It's all about the relationship you can build with any particular dealer.

SeanPC

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I found a new 2016 242 Limited S for less than a new 2017 AR240 just because it wasn't the current model year. They threw in 'coast guard kit' (4 life jackets, throwable cushion, anchor, chain, anchor rope, 2 fenders and rope, 2 dock lines) and extended warranty. Think timing has a lot to do with price if you're willing to play the waiting game.

familyboat20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks for all the great information. If we decide the pull the trigger, I'll be pushing hard for extended warranty and as many 'freebies' as one will allow. The boat show is in early January, so I'll follow up with the group afterwards. I will say it is difficult to see the deals being offered on the 2016 212x (nearly $12-$13k less) but the upgraded 2017 sure seems nice. I really could care less about the Connext being integrated but LOVE the co-captain's chair and sound dampening. Now are those options worth the price difference....decisions decisions...

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Those are the value decisions that you and your family alone will have to make...and live with. I have spent time on the 2017 and feel that, for me, the value of the new boat features exceeds $13,000. So the equation would tilt toward the 2017. I hope you can come to clear understanding what is best for your family in the near future.
Please keep us updated.

familyboat20

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks buckbuck! It's nice to get the unbiased opinion of someone that has actually been on the 2017 212x.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thanks buckbuck! It's nice to get the unbiased opinion of someone that has actually been on the 2017 212x.
The 2017's are nice, I drove the 212 limited s. I'm just glad I waited, I will gladly pay the extra money for the upgrades. Each year will have different upgrades but I can't wait any longer.

JP2016

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
If i am looking to purchase a 2017 will there be much difference in price, warranty, etc from waiting until the beginning of the year vs. buying now?

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
If i am looking to purchase a 2017 will there be much difference in price, warranty, etc from waiting until the beginning of the year vs. buying now?
The only reason I'm waiting is I'm hoping interest rates will be a little better and the incentives at the boat show are better than if I bought today.

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The only reason I'm waiting is I'm hoping interest rates will be a little better and the incentives at the boat show are better than if I bought today.
I don't think the price will change much in the next few months

JN82

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
The 2017's are nice, I drove the 212 limited s. I'm just glad I waited, I will gladly pay the extra money for the upgrades. Each year will have different upgrades but I can't wait any longer.
We're eyeing the 212 Limited S really hard for an early 2018 purchase, so I'm super interested to hear your experience with the boat by next Fall after spending a year with it. How do you like it so far?

Jeff L

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
We're eyeing the 212 Limited S really hard for an early 2018 purchase, so I'm super interested to hear your experience with the boat by next Fall after spending a year with it. How do you like it so far?
Sounds good. I haven't picked it up yet, next month! I've been waiting as patiently as I can. I did a demo ride in October and loved it. I had previously done a demo on a 192 and a 212ss. I can confidently say I'm glad I waited. Although each year there will be improvements, I'm not willing to go another summer without being on the water. My buddy has a 242 limited s, which is nice, but personally I prefer the 21 ft simply for the fact it seems quicker. I'll post pics/video in the next couple months.