• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212x max rpm's ?

Riggs96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Just got our 2017 212x have a total of 3.2 hours on it. Did all the break-in procedures and decided to open her up, water has been a little choppy both times I've had her out, ( but not bad) had 6 people and a full tank of fuel but can only get a maximum rpm of 6425 out of both engines, max mph are 34 ???? What's up, do I just need to be a bit more patient or is there some adjustments I can do. Read most of the forums and got everything from 7800 to 10200 for rpm's. Boat test.com shows a max speed of 7800 rpm at 50.2 mph. I know the mph will suffer with these conditions but still should get at least 7500 rpm's I would think. Elevation is 4,400. Thanks for the help.

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
6400 rpm is normal for that elevation. You can always have the impellers re pitched for elevation, but what you'll gain in rpm, you'll also gain in fuel consumption.

Where are you located?

Riggs96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Do you buy new impellers or have the ones you have re-pitched? Who does this, any boat shop or is it something I can do myself?

Riggs96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Near Elephant Butte, NM

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
Do you buy new impellers or have the ones you have re-pitched? Who does this, any boat shop or is it something I can do myself?
Contact Dave @ Impros he knows what to do. I'm also at 4500 feet, I got a pair of Yamaha 6CW impellers (more overlap) and had them pitched.

Riggs96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thank you I'll give him a call in the morning

MMason

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I also live in NM and go mostly to Ute Lake. I had mine pitched and can get 45 mph with 7500 - 7600 rpm.

Riggs96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got some ordered, I'll let ya know thanks for the info

Riggs96

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Got my new solas propellers in and installed, super disappointed getting less rpms than I was with the stock ones 6100 is about max out. Gonna check the pitch on the box and call see if they had a mix up. Empty boat with a tail wind 39 mph is all I could get. What is the stock rev limit on these boats?

Williamsone46

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
You need a set of Yamaha 6CW impellers, have impros pitch for elevation. I'd tell Dave you want them pitched to turn somewhere around 7200 rpm. Believe me I've been doing this for a long time, you'll be happy!