• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 212X waketower swap onto 2013 212X

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm headed to my local dealer next week to check into what it would take to swap out the tower from my 2013 212X to a 2017 212x tower. I really like the way the new model looks with the swept forward wake tower and Bimini. Plus makes it look like brand new boat. The hulls are the same so minimal Fab work and the way I saw on the new style tower just some bolts down on the base of the hinge. I can't imagine it being more than $2500-$3000 in parts, just wondering how difficult this will wind up being or if anyone else has looked into this. I'm sure there will be a couple spots left where the bolts were holding the tube structure up from the old style tower but that can always be filled or shorter bolts added in. I'll post pictures of the project once I get pricing to see if it's a go. I think it's worth the money because Yamaha doesn't change its product cycle very often so why not have the latest looking model for a couple grand so when I do dump it in a couple years it's updated and looks great. Let's hear your thoughts, plus lowering the "old style" tower is a pain and it once dropped on my arm dislocating my shoulder so there's a safety factor for me as I have to keep my boat in my garage of my town house.....

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Certainly feasible and that would be really cool!
I am impressed with the new towers and would totally follow your lead if i hadn't already installed one.

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Certainly feasible and that would be really cool!
I am impressed with the new towers and would totally follow your lead if i hadn't already installed one.
You put an aftermarket one on then?

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

arew~SX230

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want a 2009 232 Limited S tower for my 2007 SX, best price I can find is over $4500 just for the tower!

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I want a 2009 232 Limited S tower for my 2007 SX, best price I can find is over $4500 just for the tower!
I am considering a Samson Reverse Arch. It is less than half of the price of a factory 232 LS tower and the closest in design that I can find.

Wish I knew whose boat this was I would love to ask how they like the tower.

Chillypilot

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I purchased a used AR230 tower off a guy who took his off and replaced it with an Ariel tower.

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Thanks everyone, I like https://jetboaters.net/members/58/ tower swap nice, but for close to 5k I'd rather spend it on the stock Oem tower. The guy I work for, his father in law owns a Yamaha dealership so I may be able to get it cheaper, but by the time install happens I'm sure it will hit 5k mark, guess I better start saving lol. I'll post numbers next week from retail dealer and what I can get them for if anyone interested

nate kennedy

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I would be interested in this as we'll have you found anything out on that switch?

Cohenmd86

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
4000$ for tower alone, had a dealer a rep and was at Miami boat show and the deck is different from 2017 to 2013, it's not an easy job figured it would be about an 8k job, not just popping off old tower plugging holes and reattaching new tower. Extensive fiber glass work so option A trade in option B wait a year or two and trade up for new style after depreciation

Wakejunkies

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I'm headed to my local dealer next week to check into what it would take to swap out the tower from my 2013 212X to a 2017 212x tower. I really like the way the new model looks with the swept forward wake tower and Bimini. Plus makes it look like brand new boat. The hulls are the same so minimal Fab work and the way I saw on the new style tower just some bolts down on the base of the hinge. I can't imagine it being more than $2500-$3000 in parts, just wondering how difficult this will wind up being or if anyone else has looked into this. I'm sure there will be a couple spots left where the bolts were holding the tube structure up from the old style tower but that can always be filled or shorter bolts added in. I'll post pictures of the project once I get pricing to see if it's a go. I think it's worth the money because Yamaha doesn't change its product cycle very often so why not have the latest looking model for a couple grand so when I do dump it in a couple years it's updated and looks great. Let's hear your thoughts, plus lowering the "old style" tower is a pain and it once dropped on my arm dislocating my shoulder so there's a safety factor for me as I have to keep my boat in my garage of my town house.....
Please note you cannot use the tower with the Bimini stowed if you have the wet sounds speaker bar installed. Yamaha raised the Bimini stowed position higher to not interfere with the speaker bar