• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 242 Limited S E series Price

kinglenario

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Hey guys,

I'm looking at 2017 242 Limited S E series that is a new dealer demo and is in the water with some hours. It's a beautiful boat but they want to charge MSRP of $66,499 and will knock off prep fee's and shipping (80 miles to my lake). There is also a significant gel-coat scratch on the stern by the little step where you step onto the boat they said they would fix or discount.

What would be a fair price here. I'd feel a bit screwed at $66,499 plus $228 doc fee and tax of course.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Where are you.....I ask as the length of the boating season makes a difference. If you are in MN, then I think they'll come off that price. If FL, they might be able to sell it. Bottom line, if I were in your shoes I'd be driving a much harder bargain. Did you see the FAQ that lets you look up dealer invoice....that is where I always start my negotiations!

kinglenario

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I’m in north Georgia. There isn’t much season left.

It says the invoice is $59,184. This boat has some hours on it and at least one scratch I saw. I’m just not sure what my target should be.

Last edited:

AJR1977

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
In order to get a great deal... sometimes you have to be ready to walk away.... I wouldn't bite too quickly at this point in the season

kinglenario

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I appreciate everyone's input but can anyone give some numbers? "drive a hard bargain" and "you've gotta be willing to walk away". But I feel like people get a couple grand off or a couple thousand worth of free stuff. Am I wrong?

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I think the best deal I recall hearing about was a couple of grand over dealer invoice for an E-Series....in the middle of a snowy winter up north....being prepared to drive north might save you some significant money. In fact, I'd be shopping the northern dealers now to get some comps to work over your dealer with. Nothing like an offer in hand from someone else to help your bargaining hand....then you say...."and I was planning a visit to my Aunt in NY anyway...." :)

kinglenario

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks Julian, that's great input.

biffdotorg

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Search the dealers. As the dealers in this part of MN are selling brand new units for $59,998 as of their online postings. They are selling the 242x E-Series for $64,998.

So geography plays on this quite a bit, and a boat 2000 miles away may not help you at all. That is what is out there.

Good luck,

props2you

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I bought my 2016 242 Limited SE this March, as a 16 leftover. It was brand new and paid $58k OTD. No trade in. I'm in Northern IL. closer to the WI border.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wow 66 and change for a demo model with scratches no way. With 2018s on the way also.
Expand your search area and you will find way better deals

PaulyB

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Vlad

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

kinglenario

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks, I already got my boat so it is what it is. The nice thing is I got it in 2 days and delivered free. The dealer also had a great network of financing options.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
yeah they where blowing the left over 16's out last year Riva offered my one for 58K otd back in april probably should have went that way instead of the AR just for the larger Bimini but I will wait for the next overhaul of the 240 series to upgrade now it should be next year or the year after that. Still hoping they are going to a 25ft boat.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They have some shady text which might end up bumping the price a few grand.
eBay Buy-it-Now or final winning auction bids DO NOT include all dealer fees and taxes UNLESS INDICATED! All powersports and marine products are subject to dealer services fees of $99-$399. Prep fees may also apply to new products. Please TEXT OR CALL Kyle Price at 651-380-4053 before bidding with any questions on total price.

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
They have some shady text which might end up bumping the price a few grand.
eBay Buy-it-Now or final winning auction bids DO NOT include all dealer fees and taxes UNLESS INDICATED! All powersports and marine products are subject to dealer services fees of $99-$399. Prep fees may also apply to new products. Please TEXT OR CALL Kyle Price at 651-380-4053 before bidding with any questions on total price.

Texted them - 60.4K + Tax/Reg to get it out the door. Nothing besides batteries included in the $2400 of prep fees - no CG package, fenders, lines, cover, etc.

Good price, not great.

FloJet

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the reply. I’m in north Georgia. There isn’t much season left.

It says the invoice is $59,184. This boat has some hours on it and at least one scratch I saw. I’m just not sure what my target should be.
Walk away. Go find one that has no defects and you will get it cheaper in next month for sure. I would not pay that price for a used 2017. You might as well get a new 2018 at that price point IMO.