• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 2430 VRX on order.

Roger Blume

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hello Jetboaters.
This is my first post. Just ordered my first jet boat, Chaparral Vortex 2430 VRX, Fire Red with black tower and red top. Other options, twin 250's, ASP, swiveling board racks, medallion viper II touchscreen, steering wheel with medallion control, premium bucket seats, premium beach weave carpet, center aft cockpit filler cushion, anchor, cockpit and bow cover and aluminum wheel upgrade on trailer. This might be a very long winter! I think this is a good move because Lake Koshkonong that I'm on is only seven to eight feet deep with a mucky bottom. Very hard on the lower unit of my previous boat. My trade in was a 2002 Chaparral 263 Sunesta with a 350 Mag bravo 3 Mercruiser. So I do know the high qualities of the Chaparral boats. It took me eight months to make this decision.

RiverRat

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR192
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you didn't miss many options on that boat. I've been meaning to get out on the Kosh one day, I might have to hit you up for some pointers at some point.

Roger Blume

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Welcome aboard! Sounds like you didn't miss many options on that boat. I've been meaning to get out on the Kosh one day, I might have to hit you up for some pointers at some point.
. Thanks, I have spent a lot of time looking at reviews on this boat. I could not justify spending $2100 on the wetsound system. Lake Koshkonong is a good sized lake plus the river going up north and to the south. Happy to help if you decide to boat it.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Sweet! I considered the 243 vrx with all of the same options. There were pluses and minuses against the Yamaha that I did end up buying. The two end all deal breakers came down to engine noise and no co-captain bucket seat (I did not know the 2430 existed). The medallion 2 touch screen is way better than than Yamaha connext, and Yamaha badly needs an ASP type option.

Perhaps you may want to check out some of the sound proofing threads on here. More aimed at Yamaha but the principles, techniques, and materials are all the same. I would be very interested to know if there is a way to significantly knock down the engine noise on the Vortex boats with the Rotax 250s.

Congrats again!

Roger Blume

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
The 2430 I think came out around July of 16. Yes, on my test drive you can definitely here the engines. Thanks on the sound proofing threads. I'll look into it soon.

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Congrats man! I also have a VRX on order, so am chomping at the bit.

FWIW, I test drove a 2016 Yamaha 242-S, and a 2016 Chaparral 243 w/ twin-250s back to back, and although I did not put a sound meter on it, the Rotax powerplants were not much (if at all) louder subjectively than the Yamahas, and additionally to me at least, offer a much more pleasing tone. (3-cylinder engines vs 4-cylinder.)

There is now quite a bit of soundproofing under the hatch on the Chaps, not sure if it was there pre '16, but at any rate, I actually preferred the sound of the BRP powerplant, by a significant margin. I found the sound of the twin Yamaha very irritating actually. (But I will say, coming from a big-block 496-magnum stern-drive with thru-hull exhaust, neither will really get your blood pumping, lol.)

Jet Blue

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Welcome and nice choice. Looking forward to seeing the pictures!

Chapvrx

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
whats the difference between 243vrx and 2430 vrx, i see the base price is 700$ more for 2430

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Also appears to have a new graphics design possibly. Not sure I like it, I really like the previous design on the VRX.

I also see that they built a glove box into the head-compartment door, whereas the 243 didn't have that.

Roger Blume

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
They call that impact graphic, l don't care for it ether. Yes the glove box is very needed! Speaker grills are backlit blue. And I think blue LED lights under the swim platform.

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
LED's under the swim platform would make me jealous, was not an option on the 223 I have on order. :( One area I think Chap is a bit behind some others. (But there aren't many areas they are behind.)

blackhawkpilot

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My wife would DEFINITELY like the captain's chair better. And, I like that impact graphic...it's a unique style.

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
My wife would DEFINITELY like the captain's chair better.
Mine too! But alas, it's not available in the 223, and I traded a 25-foot Sea Ray to intentionally downsize, so didn't want the 24.

I'm curious why they just didn't update the 243 (and 223) and make a 2nd Captain's chair an option, instead of making a whole new boat model, which seems a bit excessive. I guess the change is too big to just be an option, the way these boats are all cranked out assembly line wise.

Micah Thompson

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Hey Roger, just checking if you've gotten any recent updates on your boat? I just hit the 4-month mark. I think I ordered mine about six weeks before you (End of Sept).

I just saw someone post in the Facebook Chaparral group that they just ordered a VRX 243, and were given a 10-week lead time. Wondering if that's just a number he was given to not scare him away, or do they pick it up this time of year?

Roger Blume

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I sent an email to my dealer on 1-18-17. I didn't hear from him until Friday, he said he was out of the office. I will be calling him tomorrow or Wednesday. I hope he has good news! I did see that same post and did comment. I live in northern Illinois so I won't be using it until end of April or May. I would like it as soon as possible! Have you heard from your dealer lately?

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I was told 10 weeks as well this past week/ delivery mid April

Dealership owner told me Chap has a dedicated manufacturer building just for these Vortex boats--- so far they've been straight shooters with me and not pulled any punches with lack of information.

Roger Blume

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
It sounds like the vortex is really taking off! The dedicated manufacture, are they building the engine package or the vortex boat it's self?

Bret

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
I was told the entire boat production is done in one factory facility but reading Micah Thompson post earlier taking 5 months doesn't add up.....

My initial order was placed in Oct with the dealer manufacture rep as a dealer boat at first to lock in a production date to be first week of Feb so we will see if they hold true to their accounts.