• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR/SX 210 Thoughts

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone have one? Not much discussion on the new model I was curious for some real world experiences. Other than press release stuff, and boattest.com "reviews" there isn't much online about them.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2017 AR210. I should be bringing it home in 2 weeks.

I'm curious to hear some real experiences as well.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I recently purchased a 2017 AR210. I should be bringing it home in 2 weeks.

I'm curious to hear some real experiences as well.
Well if no one gives a good review on specs before you pick up your boat. Give us some test results, thanks. I'm really looking for an accurate 0 to 30 time.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm really looking for an accurate 0 to 30 time.
That is going to be nearly impossible to DIY. Doppler radar guns and precise timing instruments are required and that's were boattest should shine - but unfortunately they blew it with the 210.

--

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boattest has at least updated it's initial review of the 210 to reflect the correct engines. From what I can tell the new 210s are at best on par with the previous MR1 versions if not a tick below in performance. That's surprising given it's a brand new engine that's supposed to be more powerful and more efficient, but regardless the #s seem close enough where any performance differences would only be discernible in charts and probably not really noticeable on the water.

I am interested in hearing how it does with family and gear on board, overall impressions, shortcomings or surprises.

Chase Worthington

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also interested and possibly purchasing the new AR210 this month. Hoping to get more feedback from owners in the next couple of weeks

Txjetter17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
We just boat a new ar210 a few weeks ago and we love it. I've had other boats and also Yamaha jet skis but this is our first jet boat. The control is great as well as the throttle response. The new motors don't seem to be any louder than any other boat when at top speed. The stereo system is kind of weak and I plan to upgrade that soon. We even took it 8 miles offshore on a calm day and it rode great. Only have about 9 hours on it and haven't been able to do any water sports besides just driving around.