• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR190 Depth Finder/Temp

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since the 19 footers don't come with this feature, I'm curious to know if anyone has installed depth finder/temp or even a fish finder with those features on their new Yamaha. I would really prefer NOT to drill holes in the boat, although it looks like you can and many people do it with no problems, just a preference. Is there a way to get temp readings from a shoot through transducer? If so, can you recommend a reasonably priced reliable unit? I bought a Hook3 from Lowrance, but pretty sure it's going back to where I got it. 4 holes in transom for install. Don't like that. Thanks in advance for any help.

kindtampa

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hmm My 2017 AR195 has depth and water temp.

Ismael Breton

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Since the 19 footers don't come with this feature, I'm curious to know if anyone has installed depth finder/temp or even a fish finder with those features on their new Yamaha. I would really prefer NOT to drill holes in the boat, although it looks like you can and many people do it with no problems, just a preference. Is there a way to get temp readings from a shoot through transducer? If so, can you recommend a reasonably priced reliable unit? I bought a Hook3 from Lowrance, but pretty sure it's going back to where I got it. 4 holes in transom for install. Don't like that. Thanks in advance for any help.
Same here! Can't believe the ar190 doesn't come with a depth finder.

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I'm going to install a Stern Saver Mini this weekend. Here are some Amazon reviews and sellers (https://www.amazon.com/s/?ie=UTF8&keywords=stern+saver+mini&tag=googhydr-20&index=aps&hvadid=182632869029&hvpos=1t1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=16998087261578881138&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=9015129&hvtargid=kwd-285696830851&ref=pd_sl_2jppmwhinx_e) These are bonded to the transom with a 2 part epoxy that comes in the kit. Transducer is then mounted to the P.E.T. block, using 5/8 inch stainless wood screws. It should save holes under the water line. I'll still need to put 2 holes in above water line under the swim platform. One for the cable, one for the c-clip to keep the cable close to the hull. I'll still seal those up with Life Seal but hopefully this is a solution to holes in the brand new boat under the waterline. That gives me the creeps, even though I see people do it all the time without problems. Just can't come to grips with that.

Also Will from Jet Boat Pilot posted a YouTube Video on where the best location is to mount a transducer on the new 19 footers. Here's a link....it's about 1/2 way through the video. He sells a special bracket for this as well, but again it's holes in the boat below the water line. This video answered a huge ? for me though, and that was where to mount the transducer. The answer is here.

Last edited:

mraz72

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
the 192 195 series add the depth finder and water temp, there are many options out there for 3rd party, and the benefit of third party is you can upgrade over what you would have gotten with the 192 - 195 series

ncinthenext3

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Really what I'm looking for is just that. Depth and water temp. Finding fish might be handy but it's not why I bought this boat. You do certainly get some more bang for your buck though with the SC and trim levels on the 192 and 195s. I wouldn't allow myself to look at them. :)

HARY5150

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Are there pre-existing holes for the transducer wiring in the AR190. I see sd ome extra spots but nothing being used