• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 AR195 New Owner

Bonsy17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello All!

First time poster and a happy new ar195 owner! Thought I'd give my first impressions on the boat for anybody in the market.

I've never owned a jet boat before but I own a couple of Yamaha super jet stand up skis and my parents have had an I/o glastron with a 3.0l Volvo for the last 17 years that I have probably logged half of the 300hrs on it my self.

First off...the storage! Wow do these things have a ton of storage. We filled up with all life jackets bumpers anchors ropes etc, put 2 coolers in compartments and a couple of beach bags and still had plenty of storage to spare! Love it all!

We were tossing around the 190 and 195 and I am sure glad we went with the 195. Yes we like the extra trim and stereo features but the motor and pump upgrades are worth it.

From experience it almost feels the pump is still too small. With a boat of 6 adults it was a little slow to plane not because it didn't have enough power but because of what felt like not enough jet pump. I am feeling like the twin engines in the bigger models take care of this. The mid range power is Awesome! Even at 35 or 40 mph if you put the throttle down it gives enough of a jerk to know it's there. We hit 50mph on the speedo with a full boat and an empty boat. Which also makes me feel like if the prop was pitched longer you could get 60+ mph out of this boat but then you would really kill the low end take off.

The last feature that my wife and I really love is the swim platform. Wasn't sure how we'd like it but our first stop on the sand bar it proved to be an excellent sitting spot and works even better for a mini bar!

Overall we are very excited and happy with the purchase and looking forward to years of boating with it.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

malibu Dan

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Hello All!

First time poster and a happy new ar195 owner! Thought I'd give my first impressions on the boat for anybody in the market.

I've never owned a jet boat before but I own a couple of Yamaha super jet stand up skis and my parents have had an I/o glastron with a 3.0l Volvo for the last 17 years that I have probably logged half of the 300hrs on it my self.

First off...the storage! Wow do these things have a ton of storage. We filled up with all life jackets bumpers anchors ropes etc, put 2 coolers in compartments and a couple of beach bags and still had plenty of storage to spare! Love it all!

We were tossing around the 190 and 195 and I am sure glad we went with the 195. Yes we like the extra trim and stereo features but the motor and pump upgrades are worth it.

From experience it almost feels the pump is still too small. With a boat of 6 adults it was a little slow to plane not because it didn't have enough power but because of what felt like not enough jet pump. I am feeling like the twin engines in the bigger models take care of this. The mid range power is Awesome! Even at 35 or 40 mph if you put the throttle down it gives enough of a jerk to know it's there. We hit 50mph on the speedo with a full boat and an empty boat. Which also makes me feel like if the prop was pitched longer you could get 60+ mph out of this boat but then you would really kill the low end take off.

The last feature that my wife and I really love is the swim platform. Wasn't sure how we'd like it but our first stop on the sand bar it proved to be an excellent sitting spot and works even better for a mini bar!

Overall we are very excited and happy with the purchase and looking forward to years of boating with it.
Congrats... it's a lot a boat in a smaller package..

Bonsy17

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks guys!

Tomeygun- I am also excited to see what comes out for mods on these motors as well. It's nice to see they come stock with 8 vane stators in the jet pump :winkingthumbsup"

Moose

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats! We picked up our 195 in July and love it. Storage space is unbelievable. It is our 3rd jet boat and is the best so far. By the way this forum is a great place to get info about the boat. CONGRATS AGAIN!