• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 rxt-x 300 burning through lots of oil????

Ronnie0471

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
got a new rxtx 300. At 4 hours the super charger failed and also ruined the motor , my awesome dealer replaced everything with new , new super charger new motor etc... However, now it seems to be burning through oil rather quickly. At 5 hours I added 2+ qts bc the oil light came on and no oil was registering on the dipstick. At 10 hrs same thing, oil light and no oil registered on the dipstick??? The machine seems to running well otherwise. Any thoughts.... ty

ScarabMike

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
You need to make sure that you aren't overfilling the oil. This ski's oil need to be somewhere near the minimum to operate efficiently. If not, the oil will flow to the intercooler, and clog it. Its been documented in Greenhulk.

I suggest you check your intercooler pipes, and make sure that they arent gummed up. If there is a thick sheen, you need to remove the intercooler, and run some gasoline through it. Also, its best to run a oil catch can on the 300s.

https://www.4-tecperformance.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=18_2&products_id=4673