• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 Scarab 195 HO Platinum edition

Al H.O.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Just got my 2017 Scarab 195 HO Platinum Edition. Awesome machine! Incredibly beautiful boat - boy does it gets the stares and compliments at the launch sites.

Differences - there is a new paint scheme for the Platinum Edition, different type kicker radio, different engine lay out for the intercooler, catalytic converter and other minor changes.

One thing to note; Scarabs web site boasts that the 1.5L with supercharger and intercooler produces 250 HP. Something doesn't seem to add up. Bombardier states this engine configuration will produce 179 kw of work. If you do the math that equates to 240hp - interesting.

Similar situation with the boat model ID. Scarab labels it as a "195" leading you to believe that its 19 feet 6 inches. The Scarab 195 is actually 18 feet 10 inches but its still a very roomy boat for its class with lots of clever storage. I'll be posting a video walk thru shortly.

Last edited:

Al H.O.

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Pictures of the 2017 Scarab HO Platinum Edition.... Scarab 2017 195 HO Platinum - Interior.jpg Scarab 2017 195 HO Platinum - hull.jpg Scarab 2017 195HO Platinum - swim platform.jpg

BMF JK

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nice boat ! The interior color is very classy .:thumbsup:

Ray Rosas

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
Nice but I'm glad I got the tower since the 2017 tower changed. Check out my pics on my profile. Were I live its a party so I'm adding 3000 more watts to my sound systems. This is how we do it in Discovery Bay :

Sean Scarab 195

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice Boat. Tower is clutch and recommend the upgrade. Better tow point, better bimini that I just leave up all summer, gives you something to hold onto, and mount board racks, LED light bars and speakers, fishing poles, coast guard required lights, etc. image1 (5).JPG

WaltB

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
HO Impulse
Boat Length
I was told by my dealer that the engine produces 250HP however there is a 10HP loss in the exhaust catalytic converter.

"Bombardier states this engine configuration will produce 179 kw of work. If you do the math that equates to 240hp - interesting."