• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2017 vr 223 ski and cruise settings

Roman

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VR
Boat Length
I bought 2017 VR 223 new last year and had it at the dealer several times since. Our ski setting and cruise settings do not work and when cruise is set The throttle will not accelerate. The medallion display is also very glitchy and gets stuck on the welcome screen after we kill the engine. I have to turn the battery off and on to reset the display.

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
From the other thread. I got in touch with someone at Chaparral that was very helpful, and might be able to help you. I think you have the later version (vipre2), and you have updates available for your system. But not sure. PM me for a contact number for the guy at chaparral. I feel weird putting someones number in a public forum.

I did put an update in the other thread, but it just says I have to take mine out of the water.

revan415

Reaction score
Boat Make
Chaparral
Year
Boat Model
VRX
Boat Length
Another Update: So, after talking with Chaparral many times, they are going to replace my computer screen and computer with the newest unit (currently in production), and update it under warranty. Very happy with the service from them!

I put this in both threads so the posting user could see this response. Sorry moderators for the double post.

JetTech72

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Here are the 3 main problems regarding boat functions (Ski & Cruise) not working correctly.
1- TourchScreen glitch : if you have this issue, you would not be able to select the functions as the screen will have lost is tactile functionality.
2- GPS signal not available. GPS signal is required to enable boat functions. If you have such message, problem could be GPS antenna or ViperII module.
3- (most common one) The throttle cable that pulled on the Pedal Position sensor (located in the helm), is not adjusted correctly.
The sensor NEED to be pulled past 95% when the system ask you to move your controller full forward.
So until is sees a value greater than 95%, the system remain in stand-by & will basically stay in idle.
The solution is to adjust the cable so that with full forward you pull the PPS to 100% (not underpull & not overpull). The adjustment can be done through an inline adjustment located directly on the cable.