• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

SOLD 2017 Yamaha 242 Limited S E-Series Oklahoma Reduced $59,500 (SOLD)

David B Roberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
This is Yamaha's top of the line jet boat. I purchased this boat last October so I would have time to perform some upgrades before boating season. The only step above this boat would be the 242X for wakeboarding and I didn't want to deal with the bladders (leaks, takes up storage, more items to break). I did however want the upgraded stereo system the 242X had. This boat has about 40 hrs on it. Upgrades include:
1. All 6 Polk speakers removed and upgraded to JL Audio M650 speakers
2. (2) additional M650 speakers were added to Helm area
3. JL Audio M880 Tower speakers and enclosures added including speaker covers
4. (2) JL Audio M10IB5 subwoofers added
5. JL Audio MHD600/4 amplifier added for cabin speakers
6. JL Audio MHD900/5 amplifier added for tower speakers and subwoofers
7. Wet Sounds WS-420 BT Marine Audio Multi Zone Equalizer with Integrated Bluetooth and Microphone added
8. Blue Systems 150 Safety Hub and Circuit Breaker added to power all the accessories
9. Pro Mariner Sport Bank Battery Charger and AC Outlet Port added for easy battery charging
10. (2) 12v/USB outlets added to helm area (one on each side)
11. Keel Guard added to protect boat from beaching and debris. Never got to use it.
12. (3) large LED dome lights added to various compartments
13. 300 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter added
14. 180 degree rearview mirror and windshield clamp
15. Wheel Lock Set
16. 2.5 Gallon Fluid Evacuator for doing oil changes.
17. Galvanized wheels were replaced with aluminum wheels.
18. Galvanized anchor/rope added

I drove the boat a couple of weekends last year to get the breakin period (vary throttle, no max throttle) over with so I could perform the break in oil change since you're suppose to before storage anyway. I used a smaller oil evacuator and decided to get a larger one to be able to do both engines at once. Winterization was performed (flushed clean water through engines then blow it out, fog engines, spray Yamaha lubricant/Protectant on metal surfaces on outside and engine bay). Then this spring I started engines on old spark plugs, burned off the fogging oil and changed the spark plugs. Boat comes with cover which I have never used since it is stored inside garage. Boat has been waxed twice with MegGuire's marine wax. Why am I selling this boat after just finishing all the upgrades? Excellent question!! Bought boat for girlfriend last year and we'll you know the rest..... This boat is in PERFECT shape and is now the nicest jet boat at the lake. The audio sounds absolutely amazing. JL Audio is the only way to go for top of the line marine grade audio components. I took it to the next level and bought their premium speakers (M series vs MX series) and top tier amplifiers (MHD vs M vs MX series). Installation was performed using 12 AWG double insulated wire throughout. I didn't want to use the factory 16 AWG single insulated wire so the installation took a lot longer. The Wet Sounds Equalizer is another AMAZING addition in that it allows you to adjust the cabin, tower and subwoofers separately. The WS unit also includes equalizers, Bluetooth functionality and a microphone so you can talk to the people behind the boat through the tower speakers. I like the galvanized trailer upgrade (never have to worry about rust), but the rims were hideous so I upgraded to aluminum rims. She ready for a family to have fun on the lake.

PHOTO_20171007_115109.jpgPHOTO_20180531_214944.jpgPHOTO_20180531_215025.jpgPHOTO_20180531_215256.jpgPHOTO_20180531_215433.jpgPHOTO_20180511_165918.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Fourjets

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
Beautiful boat and tow rig. GLWS.
I’m sure it will sell fast. Very nice job w your upgrades.

David B Roberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Beautiful boat and tow rig. GLWS.
I’m sure it will sell fast. Very nice job w your upgrades.
Thanks!!! I'm on the fence whether I should sell it. If it takes another 3 years to meet a nice lady who likes lake life I think I'd rather sell it. If I meet someone in a couple months I'd wish I kept it. Ugggghhhhh.....

Any advice (price, ad, other places to advertise, description, etc) much appreciated!!!

UpNorth

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
David
I think you’re looking at this completely wrong. You’ve got the perfect way to meet some new lady friends.
Keep the boat!

seanmclean

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
That boat is gorgeous. Slick install on the amps. Keep the thing, IMO.

eHall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Jaylex

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep it!! 40hrs.is just getting started!!

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Keep it. Hit a poker run or two and meet some new lady friends. I'm sure it won't take long with a boat like that.

http://www.lakecumberlandpokerrun.net/ <--if you can't meet someone at Harmon Creek on this weekend with that boat and a cooler of beer, you're doing something wrong!

Last edited:

David B Roberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
I hear you guys. Big parties and lots of alcohol really aren't my thing.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I hear you guys. Big parties and lots of alcohol really aren't my thing.
I can appreciate that. I'm not as into that scene as I used to be.

Had a good friend of mine go through a rough divorce. About 6weeks before they decided to split they bought a very expensive tandem bicycle. Like $5k expensive. After the dust settled from the separation, he made the best of it by riding the tandem alone at some of the local bike club rides with a shirt that said "stoker wanted" on the back. He got a few offers and went on a few dates from that event. I thought it was rather creative.

I suspect if you start frequenting the local marina with a nice boat, you'll find your people soon enough.

At any rate, good luck with the sale if you chose that route. If not, hope you stick around here at least.

David B Roberts

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Reduced Price to $59,500

CraigLombardi

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Beautiful boat. Wish I could afford it as I'm in the market for a yamaha. Currently looking at the AR240's.

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
This is Yamaha's top of the line jet boat. I purchased this boat last October so I would have time to perform some upgrades before boating season. The only step above this boat would be the 242X for wakeboarding and I didn't want to deal with the bladders (leaks, takes up storage, more items to break). I did however want the upgraded stereo system the 242X had. This boat has about 40 hrs on it. Upgrades include:
1. All 6 Polk speakers removed and upgraded to JL Audio M650 speakers
2. (2) additional M650 speakers were added to Helm area
3. JL Audio M880 Tower speakers and enclosures added including speaker covers
4. (2) JL Audio M10IB5 subwoofers added
5. JL Audio MHD600/4 amplifier added for cabin speakers
6. JL Audio MHD900/5 amplifier added for tower speakers and subwoofers
7. Wet Sounds WS-420 BT Marine Audio Multi Zone Equalizer with Integrated Bluetooth and Microphone added
8. Blue Systems 150 Safety Hub and Circuit Breaker added to power all the accessories
9. Pro Mariner Sport Bank Battery Charger and AC Outlet Port added for easy battery charging
10. (2) 12v/USB outlets added to helm area (one on each side)
11. Keel Guard added to protect boat from beaching and debris. Never got to use it.
12. (3) large LED dome lights added to various compartments
13. 300 Watt Pure Sine Wave Inverter added
14. 180 degree rearview mirror and windshield clamp
15. Wheel Lock Set
16. 2.5 Gallon Fluid Evacuator for doing oil changes.
17. Galvanized wheels were replaced with aluminum wheels.
18. Galvanized anchor/rope added

I drove the boat a couple of weekends last year to get the breakin period (vary throttle, no max throttle) over with so I could perform the break in oil change since you're suppose to before storage anyway. I used a smaller oil evacuator and decided to get a larger one to be able to do both engines at once. Winterization was performed (flushed clean water through engines then blow it out, fog engines, spray Yamaha lubricant/Protectant on metal surfaces on outside and engine bay). Then this spring I started engines on old spark plugs, burned off the fogging oil and changed the spark plugs. Boat comes with cover which I have never used since it is stored inside garage. Boat has been waxed twice with MegGuire's marine wax. Why am I selling this boat after just finishing all the upgrades? Excellent question!! Bought boat for girlfriend last year and we'll you know the rest..... This boat is in PERFECT shape and is now the nicest jet boat at the lake. The audio sounds absolutely amazing. JL Audio is the only way to go for top of the line marine grade audio components. I took it to the next level and bought their premium speakers (M series vs MX series) and top tier amplifiers (MHD vs M vs MX series). Installation was performed using 12 AWG double insulated wire throughout. I didn't want to use the factory 16 AWG single insulated wire so the installation took a lot longer. The Wet Sounds Equalizer is another AMAZING addition in that it allows you to adjust the cabin, tower and subwoofers separately. The WS unit also includes equalizers, Bluetooth functionality and a microphone so you can talk to the people behind the boat through the tower speakers. I like the galvanized trailer upgrade (never have to worry about rust), but the rims were hideous so I upgraded to aluminum rims. She ready for a family to have fun on the lake.

View attachment 76865 View attachment 76866 View attachment 76867 View attachment 76868 View attachment 76869 View attachment 76870
Where in Oklahoma are you, I am in Edmond @David B Roberts

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

BigN8

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
That is the cleanest looking Yamaha I have ever seen. I like the all white. Really love the minimalistic accent style you went with. Very sharp.