• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter
  • Please read the Classified Ads Posting Rules before Posting something for Sale!

Boats MUST LIST A LOCATION (State)IN THE TITLE (Seems people can't read lately)-along with Make/Model/Year

Completed 2017 Yamaha 242 xe <FL>

George1

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
This boat has 60 hours. Recently serviced by Yamaha. All systems work perfectly. Has the trailer. Located in Jupiter Fl. 561-427-5439. Thanks George. Wife wants to down size. Text or call for more info or images. Asking $58k

Attachments

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
George and I are working on a deal

Justin Richards

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
This boat has 60 hours. Recently serviced by Yamaha. All systems work perfectly. Has the trailer. Located in Jupiter Fl. 561-427-5439. Thanks George. Wife wants to down size. Text or call for more info or images. Asking $58k
Still available? Salt water boat?

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looking to downsize eh?

Want to trade for a nice 2017 AR190? More like a "cross sell" really as my 190 isn't near the value of your 242. Having a buyer in hand would make an upgrade a much easier sell to the wife.

JBehrens

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@2kwik4u I like the cross sell idea. @George1 want to downsize to a pair of skis and some cash?

eHall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
2024544A-C192-48FD-A398-DB32C1E079C3.jpeg She is now back at her new Kentucky home.

Thanks George.

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice, congrats great boat. Awsome color too

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase. Whereabouts in KY are you (can't read the county on the plate :D ) ?

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
George accepted my offer for the boat in writing that put into motion a bunch of coordination on my end to pick up the boat do back round checks on the Vin # only to have George lie to me and say that his wife did not want to sell the boat. I hate when people make a deal and back out

eHall

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the purchase. Whereabouts in KY are you (can't read the county on the plate :D ) ?
Elizabethtown but boat will be on Barren River Lake.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
There was one item about the boat that concerned me and anyone that uses these boats in salt water knows that leaving them in the salt water is not good . George sent me some pictures of the ride plate and it looked very oxidized my 2005 has been in salt water for 13 years and it has no de lamination of the paint does anyone with the late model boats that runs in salt water, can confirm if this is normal or heavy oxidation / corrosion from being left in salt water ?

Picture below is the 2017
image33.jpeg

picture below 2005 with 13 years in salt water
Intake.jpg

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The other questionable detail was the impeller it looks like it could have had cavitation that etched the impeller possibly from sea grass that is prolific in Florida . When the impeller has debris that creates cavitation it also forces aerated water through the cooling system that makes the motors overheat . I'm not sure about the new boats but the old MR1 motor you could check the diagnostics for over heat codes. The jets boats are a terrible experience if you keep sucking sea grass they loose 70% efficiency if not more this is most likely why he unloaded this boat he mentioned "his wife hates the boat"

2017 impeller with pit marks and rust stains

image22.jpeg

2005 Impeller 13 years in salt water 3rd jet boat I know that when you get cavitation how to clean it out and that its not good to keep running

20160606_114510_resized.jpg

JeffVans

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
George accepted my offer for the boat in writing that put into motion a bunch of coordination on my end to pick up the boat do back round checks on the Vin # only to have George lie to me and say that his wife did not want to sell the boat. I hate when people make a deal and back out
And this is why you deal with people that have a good and timely reputation on the forum. I have a friend looking at boats right now (after riding in mine) and told him to come here and look, and look at the person's reputation. There is no better place to buy a used Yamaha (or any jet boat I guess) than here!!! Speaking of that, anyone want to buy a Southwind Deckboat so he can get the Yamaha??? hahahaha

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Elizabethtown but boat will be on Barren River Lake.
Cool.

I'm up near Louisville. Spend most of my time on Patoka, Taylorsville, and the Ohio. Venture down to Green and Cumberland once/twice a year though.

Enjoy the new toy!

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
There was one item about the boat that concerned me and anyone that uses these boats in salt water knows that leaving them in the salt water is not good . George sent me some pictures of the ride plate and it looked very oxidized my 2005 has been in salt water for 13 years and it has no de lamination of the paint does anyone with the late model boats that runs in salt water, can confirm if this is normal or heavy oxidation / corrosion from being left in salt water ?

Picture below is the 2017
View attachment 78796

picture below 2005 with 13 years in salt water
View attachment 78797
My 16 is 99% fresh water and doing same thing. Poor paint or powdercoating. Not from boating in salt

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My 16 is 99% fresh water and doing same thing. Poor paint or powdercoating. Not from boating in salt
Thanks good to know as my search continues

Neutron

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I am pulling my and having them redone at my powdercoater.
Wish they kept the bare cause my 2 waverunners are not coated and always look mint

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Yup mine started within the first year of ownership. 99% of my boating is fresh water. I never wet slip or near any shore power and the boat has only stayed a few nights on the water in 3 seasons of use. Is what it is.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

adrianp89

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
252SE
Boat Length
This thread is getting corroded from all the saltiness.