• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 212 Limited S

Roger.P

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I received this quote for a 2018 Limited S, dealer said 5% over invoice since my wife is a county worker (right, I know)... here is the breakdown:
51200.00 BOAT
1950 DESTINATION
950 ASSEMBLY
599 DEALER FEE
3332 SALES TAX
58031 TOTAL OUT THE DOOR

I think I will be able to get a better deal at the boat show, please advise.

Thanks

Roger

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Boat shows typically provide the best prices. Also, you should shop around to different dealers to see what their fees are. Some don't charge fees. I don't pay "doc fees". Seems the dealer is double-dipping on you with the assembly and dealer fees. Press them on these items, if you must buy from that specific dealer. Here in Nashville, I have about 4 different dealers in a 2 hour radius and I called every one of them.

Roger.P

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boat shows typically provide the best prices. Also, you should shop around to different dealers to see what their fees are. Some don't charge fees. I don't pay "doc fees". Seems the dealer is double-dipping on you with the assembly and dealer fees. Press them on these items, if you must buy from that specific dealer. Here in Nashville, I have about 4 different dealers in a 2 hour radius and I called every one of them.
Thank you, I do have very good options down here in South Florida this is the starting point for my research. I thought it was high, but wanted input from you seasoned folks!
Thanks for replying.

AndyF

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
What is fair price on extended warranty?

Dealer cost about $1200 to extend from 1 to 5 years?

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Not sure about how much the warranty extension is/should be. Boat show incentives typically offer extended warranties. If you didn't get it for free, I'd have my doubts in buying the extended warranty. Reason being is you typically have a co-pay whenever you use the warranty. Not sure what the co-pay is, but that combined with the initial purchase of the warranty itself typically negates any savings through using the extended warranty. For example, if a part breaks and it's $600 to fix it. You'd have a $250 deductible on top of that, so total repair would be $850. If you paid $1,200 for the extended warranty, then you're upside down.

Odds of something breaking are somewhat low. I'm surprised I haven't had to take my '17 212X back to the [st]ealer for a single warranty item yet and I have 36 hours on it already. My 2014 Regal 1900, on the other hand, had several initial quality issues that kept popping up, but were all covered by the manufacturer's 3 year warranty. I traded the boat 6 months before that warranty was up for my new Yammie. :)

Roger.P

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So I have checked around 2 other dealers, the quote is now 53K out the doors with all fees and a written clause that any extras offered at the boat show, it will be extended to me.

GoVols01

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I further asked my dealer to give me the premium trailering cover and a full anchor rode. Make them work for it!