• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242 Limited S - Courtesy Lights

VaMarine

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Not sure if this is the best spot to ask the question, if not please let me know and I'll move it.

I have a new 2018 242 Limited S and my courtesy lights are not working. The blue light on the control comes on and then the red light blinks. Additionally, they lights blink on the Connext screen as well. The dealer is 2 hours away, and I would prefer to check this before I drag it back to them.

So does anyone know where the fuse is for the courtesy lights (I have the service manual and wiring diagrams but cant figure it out). Additionally, does anyone have ideas of what would be causing this?

Thanks in Advance.

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I would start by looking at the power distribution block in the battery compartment area. In position B 3-4, is a 1.2 k Ohm resistor. Make sure it is there and if you have a multimeter remove the resistor and check to see if it measures 1.2 k Ohms. Also, make sure that both Faston terminals in the block are securely installed into the block. Lastly, I would look at the SPU2 connector in the starboard storage compartment behind the Captain's seat. It is the 34 position connector on the SPU mounted to the bulkhead. The wire I would be checking out is in the 7 position. It should have writing on it saying CT LTS + and is Lt Blue. You can also hold down the settings (gear) button on the display and choose the SPU 25-15 tab. There should be a reading for the courtesy lights in the first position at the top labeled HS01. Make note of the current, percent and status when both on and off. There is a legend for the status at the bottom of the page.