• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242e Stereo/Swim lights

Tms1224

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
I have my Marina getting my boat ready for the season. I'm having them do a couple upgrades before I pick up and need some help.

Stereo
I don't want tower speakers I just want to upgrade all speakers (drop ins/same size) Looking for more bass not anything crazy just fuller sound.
Also wasn't sure if adding amps might improve stock speakers or should I go ahead and replace all speakers and add amps?
JL's ? Wetsound? Is there a sub in my boat already? If so where is it located? And can that be replaced?

Transom Lights
They quoted me on labor told me I need to pick out lights. I like Blue I'm not looking to cheap out don't want to be dealing with leaks or burnt out lights.

Any experience on this would be appreciated. I did search the forum seeing lots of upgrades but not much on my particular model.

Thanks

Rickytrz

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited E-Series
Boat Length
This is what I did.. they are not that expensive and not that cheap either.