• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 242X E newbie

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Brand new member and owner of a jet boat. I have been lurking for the last month or so checking out posts and comments. Found a ton of useful info. What a great forum!

We expect to take delivery of the new boat as soon as the weather warms up. In Michigan that could be May. Or June. Maybe by July...

F.M.

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Congrats and welcome.

0627Devildog

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Classifieds Moderator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congratulations on an excellent choice and Welcome Aboard. . . . .

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Appreciate it! Can't wait to get out on the water.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Paul Steele

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212XD
Boat Length
Congrats - I am dying to get my 2018 242se on the water too.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Coheeba

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat, you will love this forum and the boat. Your wife on the other hand may not, it may hurt your wallet. :greedy::greedy::greedy::greedy:

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congratulations and :Welcome:

What waters will be your primary boating playgrounds?

Renod

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Thanks to all for such a warm welcome. Coheeba you make an excellent point. The wife was rolling her eyes yesterday as I began talking about some of the mods I was considering.

To answer your question GTBRMC we live on the Detroit River so it will primarily be there along with the eastern end of Lake Erie.

112Vulcan

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Awesome...congrats on the new boat! There is nothing like new!! Hope you enjoy it very much!!!

GTBRMC

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Thanks to all for such a warm welcome. Coheeba you make an excellent point. The wife was rolling her eyes yesterday as I began talking about some of the mods I was considering.

To answer your question GTBRMC we live on the Detroit River so it will primarily be there along with the eastern end of Lake Erie.
Great spot for boating! Lake St Clair is fun, the Lake Erie islands (Put-in-Bay, etc.) can be a blast... although I believe both are not as wild as they were back in 90s. Both can get really choppy, so be careful out there. Cheers!

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Congrats,

@Administrative isn’t it time for a 2018 sub forum?
We debated it but the 2018 changes were not significant and Yamaha did not provide marketing material to publish in such a forum.

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We debated it but the 2018 changes were not significant and Yamaha did not provide marketing material to publish in such a forum.
The Yamaha forum menu headings are a little confusing with specific model sections and then the 2016 and 2017 sections. To me at least.

Sorry to derail your thread @renrod.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The Yamaha forum menu headings are a little confusing with specific model sections and then the 2016 and 2017 sections. To me at least.

Sorry to derail your thread @renrod.
We have discussed this on and off and never came to a conclusion. @Bruce perhaps we should create a forum called "New Model Year Discussions (all makes)" and put the 2016 and 2017 posts in there?

the MfM

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
We have discussed this on and off and never came to a conclusion. @Bruce perhaps we should create a forum called "New Model Year Discussions (all makes)" and put the 2016 and 2017 posts in there?
Or a ‘general Yamaha boat’ discussion area? Similar to the Rotax power forum... A lot of issues/topics are not related to specific model or year.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@the MfM you are not alone. It is confusing, especially once it's been months after a new model year and the posts start to go all over the place. Some in the "year Yamaha" section and others in the boat model-specific forums. In the end it's just a mess and a pain to keep up with IMO. It can easily be remedied though with moderation and a more generic rumor mill or latest news section rather than create a new subforums every single year. Not many forums out there make a new forum section for each new year car model or other type of enthusiast forums.

I have brought this up in another thread in the forum suggestions section Can we get some more boat model updates to subforums?. I hope and trust they'll have a better plan for 2018-2019 boats and into the future.

Julian

Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
We created model year forums when we got pre information and were under NDA. It was eaiser to create a forum and all the info we had and then reveal it that it would have been to move posts around. From my perspective, sub forums are less than useful - Google is way better at finding things epecially when you use the tag site:jetboaters.net....

We'll sort it out soon!