• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR195 Dream List

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is what I would like to see on the 19's for 18.

Hinged seats.

Table similar to 21' and 24's.

Access door by starboard side similar to the new 21's that go all the way across as a wind break as well.

Radio by the driver, not in the glove box.

Upgraded speakers and cans (or sound bar) on the 195's as these are top end models.

Connects, with a depth finder.

A new rudder similar to the 21' and 24's that does not hang below the haul.

Sound deadening, similar to the 21 and 24's

If all this could change I would consider buying another 19' and not going to a 21' Don't get me wrong I would love a 21', however if I go bigger it will not fit in my garage.

I know this won't happen but twin TR1's!

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
All of that would make it a lot more expensive. Hinged seats should definitely happen. A lot of 19' boats have the stereo head in the glove box I assume space is to scarce at the console which probably makes having a connext screen also not likely.

I would hold off on twin tr1 dream. They don't really appear to be all that efficient nor powerful in the 210 series. I am not sure what they would bring to the table over the SVHO.

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Interesting note about the seats. I had the neighbors up to show off the boat the other night. Sat in it in the garage and had a few brews while talking shop. Made the comment that the 21 and 24ft boats got hinged seats, and it sure would have been nice to get that. The response I got was...."Don't fret too much over these, they're just as nice as the seats on our $100k Centurion, and we don't have hinges either". I appears we aren't the only ones that are wanting hinged seats, even the premium wakeboat guys don't have them!

*edit* Thought I would throw in an item.

Engines that run on 87 octane fuel and get slightly better mileage. The SVHO is a nice motor, but the fuel cost of a 19 footer shouldn't be as much as a twin engine 24 footer IMO

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You aren't getting 195 caliber performance without high fuel costs period. If fuel savings is a concern get the 190.

Ancient canoe

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I don't think twin tr1 engines are going to give you the performance gains to justify the costs in manufacturing a new boat design for just one level of the 19' boats.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Starboard access door would be cheap and a great addition. The holes are cut by robot at the factory so a little programming is all it would take and the doors are cheap. Space is at a premium on the smaller boats so having that extra storage under the helm would be great. It's one of those mods I plan to eventually get around to once I have the nerve to carve a huge hole in my boat haha.

Also agree on radio by the driver and turn the glove box area into a huge storage bin or better yet a cooler with storage too.

I do not want Connext as it seems more finicky than needed. Keep it simple and cheap with gauges that work. Look at all the little gremlins the Connext system has so no thanks on that.

Hinged seats would be nice but if you notice I think the newer boats with hinged seats seemed to have lost a little volume, especially at the opening of the storage where it matters most. Still though I would take a little hit in volume for the added comfort and less wear and tear of hinged seats than without.

Sound deadening would be nice too. Most sound seems to come from around the sides of the hull so stuffing those would insulation would be a big step IMO.

A surf tab system like https://www.gosurfassist.com which I think could work on our boats but it's is pricey at $4k but it could be an option or part of a surf specific boat model (...195X).

Ditch the full rear seat and go with a filler instead like the other boats so owners don't step on their seats every time they get in or out of the boat.

If I had one wish they could grant it would be for a deeper V hull. This would allow the motor to sit deeper thus more options for making it quieter and it would help with surfing and wake boarding plus a softer ride in rougher water.

The articulating rudder on the 19' boats is just missing the rest of the new keel hull that the new 21 and 24 foot boats have. Technically theirs hangs low too but because they got a new hull with a keel that runs the full length it makes it appear they don't hang low. I'm hoping new 19' boats will receive a new hull soon as it's been a while and the other boats have a new design. I just wish they would make it deeper and taller while they are at adding the keel.

Last edited:

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
If I had one wish they could grant it would be for a deeper V hull. This would allow the motor to sit deeper thus more options for making it quieter and it would help with surfing and wake boarding plus a softer ride in rougher water.
Sure, but keep in mind your top speed would go down, a lot. The more shallow the hull the faster - in these boats.
The problem is - you can not have both. And it applies to the turning radius as well.
Some of the Seadoo/BRP-engine jet boat makers have now been using this for advertising how much "tighter" they can turn. (which to me is silly)

--

Last edited:

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
How much speed do you think would drop if say they add 6" and the other angles they would need to change? I know the surf boats out there don't generally have a high top speed either so honestly I would be fine taking a hit in top speed if it meant having a better surf platform if that's the kind of boat I was looking for as a customer. I know it wouldn't make financial sense for Yamaha to make a hull specific for a surf model though so this is all just wishful thinking.

I do wonder if those GoSurfAssist tabs could work on our boats but man they are pricey!!!

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
This is what I would like to see on the 19's for 18.

Hinged seats.

Table similar to 21' and 24's.

Access door by starboard side similar to the new 21's that go all the way across as a wind break as well.

Radio by the driver, not in the glove box.

Upgraded speakers and cans (or sound bar) on the 195's as these are top end models.

Connects, with a depth finder.

A new rudder similar to the 21' and 24's that does not hang below the haul.

Sound deadening, similar to the 21 and 24's

If all this could change I would consider buying another 19' and not going to a 21' Don't get me wrong I would love a 21', however if I go bigger it will not fit in my garage.

I know this won't happen but twin TR1's!
What are your thoughts should I buy a 17 or wait for the 18's hoping they make some changes? Also can any one comment on the new 19's with the rudder compared to the old ones without a rudder. I'm really just talking about low speed handling, docking ect...

Slfmde

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
When do they usually announce the next years model? Should be soon right?

Last edited:

REM835

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX192
Boat Length
Most of what I want comes with the 21ft but I'm stuck wanting to avoid storage fees and like keeping the 19ft in the garage.

The number one complaint from the boss lady is wanting hinged seats. Pain in the butt moving seats around with a boat load of people. She would also be happy with a small table to make her lunch sandwiches on instead of on a towel on the rear seat. These two changes alone and I would be forced to upgrade if she knew it was offered.

I agree with @haknslash the starboard storage access door would be a great addition. No need for context system. I like my simple gauges but a clock in there would be nice. Sound deadening is needed. The engine resonating along the sides around wake assist 3 is terrible. The radio should come with the RF remote and not the IR one.

Also on my wish list is to redesign the captains chair. The current one is fine with the bolster up but not comfortable at all to sit in down. Huge fan of the ones on the 21/24ft.

These are still great boats. We rarely have ours loaded to the max but this past weekend had 4 adults, 2 teens and 2 small kids and it handled it like a champ.