• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR210 First impressions

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
1FF5689F-2228-45AA-8C16-4DB23980AB32.jpegA31DF1DC-27DA-405A-BD3C-3B5BA8EFD9CE.jpegBought a 2018 AR210 after owning a 2001 LS2000 for 5 years. I have been out 3 times and thought I would post my initial review.

AWESOME! Yesterday I had 5 adults onboard and we wake boarded, grilled, and cruised on the Chesapeake Bay. The boat handled the chop and wind excellent, it is plenty of power for us @ 40+ MPH with 5 on board, and it had plenty of torque to pull up adult wakeboarders (190+) without any issue.

The engines are reasonably quiet(er) with all of the sound proofing and the top RPM of these TR1's is about 8K.

The gas is ridiculous and I know this isn't the most important, it is important for us as we consider taking longer treks than we could ever do on our prior boat. 50 gallon tank and 2.4 MPG so far from what I see on the Connext... next week we are shooting to go go from Delaware to Cape May NJ. Easy

The layout of the boat makes it massive... for us and the 5 or 6 that we usually go with. The storage, hinged seats, seating arrangement, table(s), added cleats, seadek, etc is a great package.

With the 2 of us, 1/4 tank of gas, and usual supplies, we cruised 42-44 consistently on the lake. These speeds don't matter when we are on the bay since 35 is the fastest we go comfortably. Yesterday, on the Chesapeake we went as fast as you would want to go on the bay with the 1-2' chop.

My son and I went out today and agreed, this is the perfect boat.

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hell yea I got the same boat! It is awesome! Anyone complaining of weak power or top speed is such a spoiled first world complaint lol. We are fortunate enough to own reliable boats like these and I love the TR-1's, great on gas and not very noisy. Best part is that this boat is spacious and affordable. I have had upto 12 people with all the gear in the world in my boat and damn thing still goes about 34-35mph. Good enough for me. Congratulations on the new boat!

Brad460

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Nice review..

We have the ‘19 AR210 and I do agree with most of what you say. We came from a Moomba Mobius LSV and are having a harder time adjusting to the jet drive and lack of V8 (missing the torque and sound of a V8). I do like not having to worry about a prop, but with that I hate that weeds clog the thing up.

It does get out of the hole fast and planes out quickly. Top speed with my wife and 2 kids was 44 mph. Top speed with 4 adults and 2 kids is 36. I think the top speed is a bit sensative to weight- Adding 2 people and I lose 8 mph.

We do love the layout, seating and storage. Absolutely love the rear swim deck- Best in the biz!

Note: I think we need to look into the cobra drive or something as I am not a fan of the steering response at any speed-

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Note: I think we need to look into the cobra drive or something as I am not a fan of the steering response at any speed-
I’m not plugging any specific steering and in fact took the fins off my old boat. This boat came with Cobras and fangs (latest version for this 2018). That along with articulating keel and the ability to put one engine in forward and one in reverse, steering is 100 percent. Spins on a dime when you want and tracks on a rail as well

GTRocks

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Bought a 2018 AR210 after owning a 2001 LS2000 for 5 years.
I just did the same. I had a 2000LS2000 for 16 years. It was done. Too many issues for me to keep up with, so I rolled to a 2018 AR210. I'm absolutely amazed at the diference in size. I was expecting it to just be 2' longer, but this thing is like a yacht compared to the LS2000. Your post struck a chord with me because I also pulled the CobraJet fins off the LS2000. I'm debating putting them on the AR210...did you do that? Can you comment on the difference?

4x15mph

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just did the same. I had a 2000LS2000 for 16 years. It was done. Too many issues for me to keep up with, so I rolled to a 2018 AR210. I'm absolutely amazed at the diference in size. I was expecting it to just be 2' longer, but this thing is like a yacht compared to the LS2000. Your post struck a chord with me because I also pulled the CobraJet fins off the LS2000. I'm debating putting them on the AR210...did you do that? Can you comment on the difference?
I bought my 2018 used and it had the latest cobra fins with fangs already installed. I do like them for sports since they keep the back of the boat on track when a boarder pulls hard going out of the wake. It also steers great and I have no problem with them limiting me from beaching since the artic keel is already the limiting factor.

Fyi - I pulled the cobra off my LS after I had an incident where the rear bucket snapped. I had to replace the bucket and I can’t say what caused it but I couldn’t salvage the cobra to reinstall