• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR210 First Spark Plug Change

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Guys I bought the boat last year and I need to do a spark plug change for the first time. I have the plugs but there is no video for it on the TR-1's anywhere that I could find and strangely the spark plug change procedure is not even listed in the service manual. They just give you a torque spec. I saw a video on youtube from Rob's DIY channel but those are different motors. I am not sure if the process is the same?!

Can anyone please help me with how to properly change spark plugs on TR-1 motors?

Much appreciated.
Thanks

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No one here has ever done a TR-1 motor spark plug change? I thought this was an easy answer to get. Ok I guess i'll try it with my best judgement. Fingers crossed.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I would think the process is the same as 1.8 engine, the TR-1s are kind of brand new in boats and owners may be doing a dealer first change? Idk. It is strange you got no answers. But there is really only a handful out there - brand new 210 and FSH210.

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Only difference is there is one less cylinder. Nothing to fear, get on it and go have some fun.

jeff_s

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have a ‘17 AR210 and just recently changed all 6 plugs.

It was easy. It took me about 15 minutes total.

And I found my coil pack bolts were all loose. So I now check them once a week to ensure they are tight.

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Just make sure you have a 6” wrench extension with a magnetized 5/8” spark plug socket and it’ll be easy

isitsummeryet

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
question, do you put anti sieze grease on NGK spark plugs? And do you check the spark plug gap with a gage?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
question, do you put anti sieze grease on NGK spark plugs? And do you check the spark plug gap with a gage?
They come pregapped. Antisieze is like engine oil - personal preference!

Maillis

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
NGK says not to use anti-sieze on their spark plugs. They’re already plated with a coating and the anti-sieze doesn’t really add more protection and may cause you too over-torque the plugs and damage the engine.