• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 AR240 Stereo Upgrade!!

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Wanted to post up the new audio I purchased yesterday. This will be 2/3 month project in hopes to have it ready as soon as some decent weather hits.

Components going in:

3 pairs wetsound recon 6
2 pairs bullet high point tower speakers
2 10” jl audio w3v3 subs
Jl 600.1 for subs
Jl 600.6 for inboards
Jl 1000/5 towers

Pumped to get started. I’ve reads through the FAQ posts, and other various threads. Any advice y’all can give on lessons learned? Tips, tricks, or pointers?

jcyamaharider

Event Sponsor
Event Sponsor
Vendor
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Make sure you use good OFC wire for power/ground/ and speaker wire.

Good luck on the install and let us know how it turned out.

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Make sure you use good OFC wire for power/ground/ and speaker wire.

Good luck on the install and let us know how it turned out.
Thanks man. I bought all JL wire for power, ground and speaker. I am running a good 4 conductor for the 4 towers to eliminate multiple runs. I will be running 0awg with a 150amp breaker from battery to the wetsounds wet wire fused distro block and then 4awg from their to the amps. I am running 12awg speaker wire for the subs, and 14awg for the speakers. Hopefully have all of that covered!

On another note; I picked up all of the equipment... Cant wait to get started!

I did make a few changes to save some cost. Instead of buying the JL 600/6, my buddy had an older JL M6450 and sold it to me for $50. That's what I will use to push the 3 pairs of Wetsound Recon 6's. I also ended up purchasing a Wetsounds Syn DX2 for the 2 pairs of Bullet High Points instead of the JL1000/5. The JL 600/1 will power the 2 10" JL w3v3 subs. I plan on building a custom box in the cooler compartment with the subs surface mounted on the face of the fiberglass.

Attachments

Last edited:

Drift Away

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Wanted to post up the new audio I purchased yesterday. This will be 2/3 month project in hopes to have it ready as soon as some decent weather hits.

Components going in:

3 pairs wetsound recon 6
2 pairs bullet high point tower speakers
2 10” jl audio w3v3 subs
Jl 600.1 for subs
Jl 600.6 for inboards
Jl 1000/5 towers

Pumped to get started. I’ve reads through the FAQ posts, and other various threads. Any advice y’all can give on lessons learned? Tips, tricks, or pointers?
Looks like the start to a nice set up

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Amp rack made and wires pre run. Was able to get it mounted in the boat today since the weather was high 50's but didn't take any photos before we left. My son (5yr old) wasn't in the best mood, LOL.... Depending on the weather next weekend, should have everything else wrapped up by the end of next weekend. Will take some more photos once completed!!!

Attachments

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Was pretty nice out today so was able to get a lot done. Everything is in with exception of the subs. Still haven’t made my mind up on placement but looks like it’s going to go under the seat behind the driver. Still need some finish up touches on the wiring for the towers (wanted to make sure they worked first), and fine tuning the in boards but overall super impressed with how loud these things are! Cutting the holes for the mid cabins was stressful to say the least. Glad that part is out of the way lol..

Attachments

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Few more pics of the towers with wires in loom. Not really liking the final install set up and thought the loom would be more hidden than it is... I had already drilled the holes for the wires and ran the wire so there was no going back 🤦‍♂️. Will more than likely re-do the placement on these in the future but for now, it’s done. Running the wire up through the tower was a pain!

Does anyone have any pictures of how you ran wires for towers at the pod locations themselves?

Attachments

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work. Love the amp rack. Any interest in helping me install stereo upgrades on my 2018 AR 240?

AR24011

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello im a newbie here. I pick up my 2019 AR240 on May 16th.
I am going with a total of three JL audio packages offered from the dealer.
(2)SBT-JLTRK-60-BK I ordered a total of four 8 inch JL Audio tower speakers each set of 2 comes with an amp. $2,599.
(1)SBT-JLINT-LD-16 Interior package includes one JL audio 10" Sub, and replaces the four interior 6.5" speakers to JL audio with amp $1,889.
The install which includes all new wiring is estimated at $1700.
I am also doing the 20 percent windshield tint for $400. Everything with tax sits at 7K. Ill post pics when I pick it up.
My goal is for good sound quality without distortion. I still have a few days time to change things up if anyone has experience with the JL system any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
(2)SBT-JLTRK-60-BK I ordered a total of four 8 inch JL Audio tower speakers each set of 2 comes with an amp. $2,599.
(1)SBT-JLINT-LD-16 Interior package includes one JL audio 10" Sub, and replaces the four interior 6.5" speakers to JL audio with amp $1,889.
I am also doing the 20 percent windshield tint for $400. Everything with tax sits at 7K. Ill post pics when I pick it up.
My goal is for good sound quality without distortion. I still have a few days time to change things up if anyone has experience with the JL system any feed back would be appreciated. Thanks
I would say for that kind of coin you’d be better off taking it to an independent audio shop in your area. They would do all the same for probably less money. Yamaha dealers tend to be the most expensive way to do anything post OEM on a boat.

AR24011

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks. I believe Yamaha here is $129 an hour for shop rates. I will do some additional research on component prices.

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice work. Love the amp rack. Any interest in helping me install stereo upgrades on my 2018 AR 240?
Sorry man. I havent logged in for a bit. Yes, not problem! Im no pro by any means but enjoy doing it

zrated512

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thats a sweet set up! My buddy in the slip next to me has a similar set up.

iamcalled

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sorry man. I havent logged in for a bit. Yes, not problem! Im no pro by any means but enjoy doing it
Already did some work myself and had Earmark Lewisville cut the glass and mount the speakers