• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Bimini June trip (June 24th - June 30th)

Cjtita

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

jayasaki138

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Nautic Star
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I'm very confident I'll be snagging a third ticket.....if it comes up 1 shy or 1 over I can work the solution with ya
If 1 over he can ride with me in the boat if he wants to. I will be solo crossing.

robert843

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hoping for another jetskier to be traveling with me this trip, keep your fingers crossed guys!
What @Ramblin Wreck isn't enough for you :p..... I keep hoping I'm crossing on a ski if @veedubtek would just bring his down and drive my boat across.

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I like having my family with me. They are helpful on the crossing .
@Speedling I have no idea how much exposure your have had with @Bruce's family, but not all families can form a team like Bruce's does. There is a reason why some people will fly in their spouses, I think @MrMoose might a be in a better position to explain as he has experienced both.

If that was not clear enough, let me put it this way:
There is one thing to have a supportive and caring spouse and another think have @Rana on your team.

vanmurray

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
The company is FRS Caribbean. Last time I looked it was $209 round trip including taxes and fees. Biggest issues for me were it left out of Miami so I would have to either bring a second car down or rent a car or pay the hefty taxi fee to get them down there. For the extra $80 it was well worth it in my mind to fly them out of Ft Lauderdale exec and get to pick my departure times and dates and they have a 30 minute flight instead of a two hour ferry ride. I think the ferry is a cool concept if someone just wanted to experience the crossing.
We have our family of 4 plus 4 grandparents coming... too many for our Yamaha but all wanted to cross on water so we booked moms and kids on ferry and dads on mission.

We are all staying at Bahia Mar. Getting a ride for moms and kids to Miami Monday morning is still up in the air, but we would be open to arranging a van or small bus if others were going on the ferry.

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I've been caught up in life stuff lately and have been off grid....and too lazy to read back over some missed posts........Has the jetboaters.net deal with bahia mar been worked out ?

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
During our passport research, my wife discovered there is a less expensive alternative called passport cards which are only about 40 bucks each(cost depends on age). Anybody know if these are a viable alternative to a regular passport?

Edit; I just did some research on my own, and it looks to me like they would be accepted documentation for this trip. It's accepted for sea travel to the Bahamas and back, at least according to the information I found.
You might want to call and find out. I got both the passport and card and during one of my land crossing into Canada and back they refused to accept the passport card and I had to fish out my passport.

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
I agree. I would love to find a place to flush mount VHF, but just seems like no good spot. Anyone found a place?
On my Yamaha I put it back of the throttles. It is out of the way and protected from the elements.

Bruce

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Ok... whose buying and giving jetboaters.net free lodging?

View attachment 68608
That would be the marina, fuel docks, restaurant / store buildings and perhaps 10 condos that are still owned by the developer.

The price seems low but the payback would be quite long .

Betik

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You might want to call and find out. I got both the passport and card and during one of my land crossing into Canada and back they refused to accept the passport card and I had to fish out my passport.
Last time I crossed back from Canada to US, they make go through the extra verification. Kept me for an hour and had the K9 walk all over my truck ( interluding the seats that is). I had the passport book with only the Bahamas stamp from last year!!!!
So much for changing my last name from "Kyriakopoulos" to "Jefferson" and being clean shaved. I guess looking like Osama's illegitimate child trumps all other qualification :banghead:

justason

Jetboaters Admiral
SWAG Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

Amar Nanduri

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Challenger
Boat Length
Last time I crossed back from Canada to US, they make go through the extra verification. Kept me for an hour and had the K9 walk all over my truck ( interluding the seats that is). I had the passport book with only the Bahamas stamp from last year!!!!
So much for changing my last name from "Kyriakopoulos" to "Jefferson" and being clean shaved. I guess looking like Osama's illegitimate child trumps all other qualification :banghead:
In a foreign country I keep the passport card in my pocket and leave the passport and license in the hotel safe. Whenever I am asked to show or surrender an ID I show the passport card. That way even if I lose the passport card I am still good in coming back home and driving a vehicle.

Sbrown

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
In a foreign country I keep the passport card in my pocket and leave the passport and license in the hotel safe. Whenever I am asked to show or surrender an ID I show the passport card. That way even if I lose the passport card I am still good in coming back home and driving a vehicle.
That's exactly what we plan to do, too. We're getting passports and passport cards for the same reasons.

ACrews

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Regal
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
If you are too cheap to care about yourself, you most likely are too cheap to make the trip. But please, regardless of how you may feel about your personal safety and ability to return to the US, buy a real passport for any family members that you might bring with you.

@jayasaki138, just pointed out a real event that occurred last year that would have been greatly complicated by the lack of a real passport.
Not to keep beating this issue @Bruce as I see some have different opinions, but the example I used for my brother & his wife was a what if...

What if some kind of emergency happened back home? Sure, if you had a personal medical emergency I'm sure some exceptions are made.

Being that their teenage & early 20s kids were at home, that was the only example I had to give for them to justify buying the book passport instead of card.