• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 center console fsh?

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Hi all
Anyone hear if we will see a bigger 2018 center console Yami in 2018? I'd be interested in a twin engine configuration.

Van T

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Where did you hear that they might make a twin-engine center console at

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
My dealer mentioned it could happen someday when i was purchasing my 190 in nov 2015.

kthrash

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
210FSH should be announced in August.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I guess the center console concept isn't a "bust" for Yamaha. Looks like they are doubling down on the idea.

That's good news for us FSH owners. I was concerned that if the FSH wasn't popular it would hurt resale value...

jet_fun

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Im hoping to see 2 engines if the length increase to 21+

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I want to see a 24' FSH with a 102" beam and twin engines. That would be a lot more boat.

16'FSHSport

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I don't see Yamaha building anything beyond a 102" beam. The customer base changes greatly above that legal trailer width. I also don't think Yamaha worries about being open ocean ready. Their market is in the family fun flexible arena from 19-24' for mostly lakes, rivers, and running bays/coastlines secondly. (Just cause you can weather permitting.) Their 24' line up has the most offerings and a 102 beam.

I have a 26' Sea Skiff and it will handle rough water BUT even it's not fun when it gets too rough and the 9' 6" beam has its advantages on the water BUT also has huge disadvantages when trailered. It's also about 12' tall on a trailer!

If they went beyond 102 and I wanted a bigger boat I'd buy a CC with dual outboards especially if thinking of open water far from shore.

Everything on the water is a trade off!

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
5 more feet and only 5 inches more in beam????????????

Gonna pitch and yaw like no other, better keep it on calm lake waters with that skinny beam
Most likely it be the same hull as the other 24' boats in their line up.
Which is 102" -8'6"- (6 more inches of beam than the 19')
Im thinking it will be just as much as an ocean boat as the other models.

Does the current 24' hull "pitch and yaw like no other"?

Last edited:

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Correct.
I'm no ship builder, so I can't get into weight distribution, probable pitch and yaw, etc.
So I don't post that information...

What do you think be the distinct difference that will cause the 24' cc to not work?

newbote

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
It will most likely (assumption) be lighter due to less engine weight, less fuel capacity, shallower dead rise, most likely non fiberglass hardtop (soft top).

Add that to the skinnier than most CC beams...

All indicators point to a boat pushed by the waves rather than pushing through them

8'6 is the std beam for CC's in that size range, go look at any of the "Sea" boats, up to about 24 ft are 8'6" beams. Also it will not pitch or roll any different then the current 240 will, it wouldn't be difficult to get the weigh distribution the same. Almost all the salt water boats have both center consoles and dual consoles with the exact same hull in this 24 size range. If they want to do it and they think the boat will sell it won't be difficult.

Tonkatoy

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
Don't some states require a permit to trailer anything over 8'6"?
Thats why the 8'6" is the standard, right?

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
They could make a dual console fishing boat in the 24 hull, with just interior redesign.

--

Hannibal

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The trailering part is the biggest deterrent when the weekend comes. Much prefer weekdays when I can take my time at the ramps.

Jebdrup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
I can't wait to see what Yamaha releases for FSH because I am looking for something in the 21-22 foot range. I just passed on a Mastercraft CSX 220 because of draft but it had the room I was looking for and you can wakeboard off the T-Top and set it up to surf behind. Best of both worlds...fishing and watersports!

Jebdrup

Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Other
Went to the Orlando boat show this weekend and talked to the Florida Yamaha boat rep about the release. He said the boat will be release on 28 August and is built off the 210 hull. We will see!

Blindduck

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
There was a spy pic of the 21ft fsh circulating around...good looking boat..but I think my next one will be 24+