• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

[Cancelled] 2018 Starved Rock to Peoria Run, Sunday Oct 7

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

Hey there! What are you doing on Sunday, Oct 7, 2018?

We would like you to join us for the 2018 Annual Starved Rock to Peoria run!

Every year, in October, we have a run on the Illinois river from Starved Rock Park in Peru, IL to Peoria IL. This is a 78 mile trip. It usually takes us 2 or so hours to cruise down. We eat lunch and head back up. It is usually a nice relaxing pace. We usually have around 12 - 15 boats. We will plan to leave Starved Rock at 8:30 am. Everyone should plan on getting there between 7:30 am - 8:00 am, so that we can launch and be ready to go by 8:30 am. We always encourage boaters to dress in layers. We usually always start off in sweats and end up in t-shirts by afternoon. I made reservations at Kuchies (no bees this year) for 11 am. It is important that we get there at 11 right as they open to ensure we get dock space. Also, after we leave lunch there is a marina (Eastport Marina) about 1 mile away where we can refuel before heading back north.

So.........Who's in?

Confirmed:
@OperationROL
@BigAbe75
@Nickp98
@scot71
@buckbuck
@yam230

Tagging and Tentative:
@JCampbell
@shane hric
@nickj718
@RxH2O
@luckie_529
@Nathan Bryant
@RiverRat
@Eric Popper
@Brian eilrich
@Speedling
@Just1more
@Kumpy
@R00st
@luckie_529
@YamahaForMe
@aarons1k
@dan144k
@Foot55
@sofakingbig
@Sheboat
@Shelbyville

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@scot71 posted in the other thread that he may be interested. Tagging him here.

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm seriously considering going this year, as it will probably be the only other time I make it out this year

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Group seems a bit light so far.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@scot71 Are you booking a room for Saturday night? Any idea where? Last year, I had a hard time finding a spot.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just booked Best Western - Oglesby Inn for Sat and Sun nights. Depending on what the boss wants to do, we may cancel Sunday night later, but I'm off and the kids are off school on Monday. So, we'll probably stay the night and take it slow back home. Last year we stopped in Bloomington on the way home and did the zoo and children's museum. Nice break to the drive at not quite halfway point.

Hope we get a few more to confirm! :)

buckbuck

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Sunny and 70 and we are in. Rainy and 40 and you guys can go without us.:)

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
@BigAbe75 Right now my plan is to just drive up Sunday morning and home Sunday night. I'm still not exactly sure who is going to be joining me, Kim won't be going but two of my sisters said they would like to go but don't know for sure yet, so those plans could change. I have to agree with @buckbuck though. If the weather doesn't look good I'll be out on this one. That's a long trip/day to be miserable. Let's hope for good weather.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Optimistic tone: it’s going to be great weather! Bring your wedge and bags and we’ll surf a bit so you can say you did behind your boat this year. :D

It’s only 2 weeks away, how much can change? Lol We were out last weekend and our lake was still 82.

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I haven't been on the forum in a while but came on to find this info. Unfortunately my son has a swim meet that day so I'm out. Depending on the time of day, you may see me flying high-cover for your arrival!

Eric

yam230

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hoping for a beautiful day.......The Barton Family is in....Thanks for making the reservations:winkingthumbsup"

Eric Popper

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
WRT to the weather, I've only been able to do this trip once a few years ago. The weather that day was 50 degrees with spitting rain for a while. My wife and son both still remind me of this every-time I suggest the trip!

Eric

scot71

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Well, unfortunately I'm afraid I'm gonna have to miss this again. Between the overtime I'm doing at work and all the other things I have that need to get done before winter. I've decided to skip this year and start getting the boat ready for storage. @OperationROL
I hope you all gave a great day and I can't wait to hang with you next year.

Last edited:

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
@OperationROL When do you want to make the call to cancel in case of rain delay?

This is what I’m seeing currently.
BD90D8CB-D531-4475-A010-0FD6B02D410B.png

Is 50% chance worth the risk?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
At this point the WX is going back and forth but I am hopeful! Let's make the call on Wednesday or Thursday.

BigAbe75

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I’m probably going to cancel my room tonight, unless somebody’s weather app shows different than mine. I’m seeeing 80% chance of thunder showers for Sunday, currently.

Any other thoughts?

OperationROL

Jetboaters Admiral
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Yeah, this Sunday will not work. Weather just not good. What's everyone up to next Sunday?