• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 sx 195 triangle 3 prong gps plug

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I notice there is already a 3 prong triangle plug labeled GPS under the dash, but there is nothing the says what each wire is for , i assume 1 is power and 1 is gound what is the 3rd wire for i believe it is orange?

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
The orange wire is a signal wire. It uses the NMEA0183 standard for communications.

markp

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Would i need that? I have a dragon fly 7 , there are 3 wires red (I assume power) black (i assume groud) and grey?

I planned on using the 3 prong plug on the boat side , should only connect red and black ?

tek4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
My recommendation would be to not use the 3 prong GPS connection for your Dragonfly 7 unit. Removing the GPS from the system would more than likely create a GPS communication warning message on the master gauge. Also the GPS on these models is usually used to calculate the speed for the system.

If you are looking to get power to your Dragonfly 7 unit, I would recommend either running a new power and ground from the battery or splicing into the ignition panel harness for power and ground. When splicing into the ignition panel, use the main power (Red) and ground (Black) located in positions 1 and 8 of the ignition panel connector respectively. They are the only 14 gauge wires used for the ignition panel. I prefer to get power from a power receptacle, but your model does not have one in the helm area. Some other people on here might have a better suggestion for where to get your power from in the boat.

Mainah

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
The wires are labeled directly with writing on them. There is more than enough power going to the gps plug to tap in and power a low draw item but I would never recommend it for that. The issue is that the power going to the plug impacts the signal on the orange wire amd induced volatge drop will have undesireable impacts. The power run to the stereo is barley adequate just for the stereo. The ignition wires are the only ones that are robust enough to tap into IMO. Even then only for low draw items. Running a dedicated power and ground pair from the battery to a new fuse block or inline fuse is the best way to power additional helm electronics.

zipper

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boston Whaler
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Last edited: