• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 yamaha 212x seacock obstruction?

Matt Burnham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I just purchased a used 2018 Yamaha 212x. Used as in it had 20 hrs, and u have had it out three times. I'm wanting to surf but looks like I will be needing more ballasts or a wedge or something. Right now I'm going an error message and alarm while trying to empty the ballasts that says seacock obstruction. I do not have an owners manual. Can someone tell me where or how to address this issue? Thanks!

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length

Whisky

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I know it's straight forward, but check the valves for the ballast. I was talking to my dealer and they said they had a customer who was really struggling with the ballast until they realized the valves were closed.

Check the engine compartment and ski locker, should be black handles

Matt Burnham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I am able to fill the ballasts just fine.....I'm getting the alarm while trying to drain them. The one in the ski locker is emptying OK.....I can see that its empty. I assume the message is from the port side hard tank. It showed that it filled fine and boat was listed to that side so I thought all was good. The message and alarm showed up while trying to drain them. Any other thoughts? Thanks!

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Matt Burnham

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I like the thought of being able to override, but please forgive my ignorance. I've owned a jet boat for all of two weeks, so I have lots to learn. Obviously, you still need a source for water.....does this allow you to hook a hose to boat and with this override, be able to fill ballasts without engines running?

Jameson Clark

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Mine has had the same problem all year. Hopefully the dealer has a fix. It it on my list once I get it to them for some warranty issues.

Cambo

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
I like the thought of being able to override, but please forgive my ignorance. I've owned a jet boat for all of two weeks, so I have lots to learn. Obviously, you still need a source for water.....does this allow you to hook a hose to boat and with this override, be able to fill ballasts without engines running?
Yes you will be disconnecting the factory plug then plugging into the cable that is attached to your battery , the pump will be energized and depending on the polarity connection at the battery either fill or empty.

On the 242X they only have one sea cock for all three pumps and it sits half on the bunk . I notched the bunk and push a hose that fits snug into the fill point. I will post a video showing antifreeze being sucked into the ballast then pumping it back out for winterizing. You could also disconnect the fitting put an extension on it and suck water out of a 5 gallon bucket or to empty pump it over the side.

20180915_162841_1537217283106_resized.jpg

geohil

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I have a '17 X and get the same message. I've been able to resolve it by pushing the ski-locker bag forward. The way our hull slopes in the ski locker the back has a tendency to creep towards the stern as it drains. It will actually start creeping under the dividing wall - that is what causes the whole bag to kink and loads up the pump enough to throw the warning.

My solution was to cut 12 inches of a pool noodle, cut a notch for the hose, and wedge it under the dividing wall to block the bag from creeping. Knock on wood - so far so good.