• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2018 Yamaha sx195 leaking

Guilherme Cordeiro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Last year I had issues with water showing up under the back seat. Not the seat where that battery is. Last Saturday 5/11/19, just before putting the chairs away, I saw water again. There is a panel on the back that it letting water in. Any ideas?

scubasteve87

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I'm assuming the "back seats" mean the port and starboard compartments underneath the seats? These areas are carpeted and do stretch back a bit under the upper swim platform. Last summer I would get damp carpets in the rear of these compartments. Due to boating in salt water, I noted when the water would dry it wouldn't leave a salt residue, which meant it was mostly Freshwater from when I cleaned and flushed the boat after each use.

I surmised my issue was with the cup holders on the upper swim platform. They drain into the bilge, but drip right near/next to the carpeting for those compartments and can get water in there if you swamp the back of the boat or do a very thorough cleaning like I do. I ran 3/8" tubing from the drain of the cup holder and lower into the bilge. Thus far no issues to start this summer.

Other items to check would be the rub rails, your flush port hose (it runs over the starboard compartment into the engine bay). Check the clamps and seals there as it could be leaking. Another item to check is all the seals around the cleats.

Hopefully this helps, I'm sure others will chime in.

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
yeah check the flush port, mine went last year, seems to be a common failure. I went with the island racing replacement which broke as well, if I had to do it again I would have bought factory

Last edited:

Guilherme Cordeiro

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
You are correct. Is the starboard compartment under the seat. Thanks for the comment. I will try to open that panel to take a look at it. Thanks

D3nN1s

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
255XD
Boat Length
search the thread "Surprising water leak..." you'll see what others have done.

Blue Hawaiian

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
i was just lucky when installed a new bilge outlet, also just check the other 3 cooling outlet ( mine is 195 ), found all three clamps were not tie enough; also when i opened the swim platform cover to replace a new stainless drain plug, with alternative pump, found the same, few of clamps not tie enough.