• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 165 ID first boat and have some questions

Bdrinkard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
First of all thanks for the add. I've read some very informative threads here already and there seems to be a lot of experienced boaters here. So I am thankful to have a place to ask questions like this. I am very new to boating and may ask some silly questions to some from time to time as I learn about my new boat. I started a thread because I didn't want to intrude on any other thread with these type of new boater questions I anticipate. My first question is, I took some water over the bow before I got the hang of navigating the small waves and wakes on the lake. I noticed my starboard side drain hole is not draining or is very slow. How do I clean this out? Is it as simple as a shop-vac? Thanks in advance!

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
I have 165, 2015 model. The bilge pump pumps on the port side for me only. Nothing starboard.

Regardless, if it's pumping slowly, start by checking the intake of the bilge. Make sure it's clean. No leaves, debris, etc. It's unlikely the hose itself is clogged.

Bdrinkard

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 ID
Boat Length
Yes, the bilge pumps on the port side only. It works fine. I was asking about the drain holes on the deck. the one on the port side drains water to the bilge just fine. but water just pools at the drain on the starboard side.

Luc Lafreniere

Jetboaters Captain
Staff member
Scarab Forum Lead
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
165 G
Boat Length
Oh gotcha. Yeah shop vac could do the trick. If you follow the hose behind the wall, you'll notice about mid way through the engine hatch there's a one way valve. You could remove it very easily to help with the clog. Also, those pipes surprisingly go out of the stern of the boat. They don't drain in the bilge. I was also surprised by this. Lol