• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 190 Subwoofer

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking to improve the sound with my 2019 AR190. I've spent so much on other accessories so I went to Walmart today and picked this up for $50. Dual Electronics TBX10A 10 inch Shallow High Performance Powered Enclosed Subwoofer with Built-In Amplifier & 300 Watts of Peak Power - Walmart.com

I have a lot of experience in car audio so I wasn't expecting anything from the Dual brand. I installed it today in a about an hour in the rear compartment behind the battery. Set it on rubber drainage mats and sealed all wire connections. Boat is garage kept so I'm hoping it stays dry. Very happy with the performance considering the price. Provided nice deep bass to the factory stereo. Will likely upgrade the 6.5's with Polk or kicker speakers on a marine amp next.

Attachments

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like it, only $50, don’t know that you could go wrong. I may try this for the heck of it.

Matts18

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! Any problem hearing it when the compartment is closed up (seat down)?

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Nice! Any problem hearing it when the compartment is closed up (seat down)?
Not really. Other speakers provide decent highs so I was just wanting the sub for the bass which you can feel throughout the boat. It sounds great within the boat and is enough for me. I also like that I can tuck it in the back of the compartment and not take up much space.

The D

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've been looking to improve the sound with my 2019 AR190. I've spent so much on other accessories so I went to Walmart today and picked this up for $50. Dual Electronics TBX10A 10 inch Shallow High Performance Powered Enclosed Subwoofer with Built-In Amplifier & 300 Watts of Peak Power - Walmart.com

I have a lot of experience in car audio so I wasn't expecting anything from the Dual brand. I installed it today in a about an hour in the rear compartment behind the battery. Set it on rubber drainage mats and sealed all wire connections. Boat is garage kept so I'm hoping it stays dry. Very happy with the performance considering the price. Provided nice deep bass to the factory stereo. Will likely upgrade the 6.5's with Polk or kicker speakers on a marine amp next.
Where did you run the ground for the unit? I'm in the process of doing the same thing.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I like this idea! How did you run RCA cables over there?

The D

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finished this and ran them behind the helm starboard side into the rear storage area, through the engine compartment, and into the battery area where the sub is.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I just finished this and ran them behind the helm starboard side into the rear storage area, through the engine compartment, and into the battery area where the sub is.
Same... how's it sound for you?

The D

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
For $50 I can't complain. It adds just enough low end.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you buy an “amp kit” or piece it together?