• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 212X - Shorlandr trailer

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
Hey friends,

looking to replace the marine carpets on my trailer as they started to wear down towards the tail end of the season. Anyone recommend a specific brand for the marine carpeting? Also, what kind of wood is underneath the carpet so I can have those onhand in case they require replacement? Thanks for any help!

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I hope this is not a trend. A one year old trailer should not have worn out carpeting or bunks. You can type in your VIN on the shorelandr website and get a full set of parts diagrams. I've had two 20+ year boats and neither required carpet or bunk replacement

31BVeteran

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Tige
Year
Boat Model
Wake
Boat Length
I hope this is not a trend. A one year old trailer should not have worn out carpeting or bunks. You can type in your VIN on the shorelandr website and get a full set of parts diagrams. I've had two 20+ year boats and neither required carpet or bunk replacement
More so hard retrieving for 1st time boat owners. It’s just the rear bunk from early in the season and new to this world of boating.

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
I have used the cheap outdoor carpet that can be bought at your local big box home center, seems to hold up pretty well. Of all the boat trailers I’ve repaired the bunks on, they all had #2 and better pine (spf) 2x4’s or 2x6’s as bunk material. I would not use treated. I used a flooring 1/4” crown stapler with 5/8“ staples to attach the carpet.

Ronnie

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I replaced my bunks a few years ago and went with carpet from west marine for under $100. I replaced the stock bunks with pressure treated lumber and have not had any issues since but in retrospect I should have just flipped the stock material over, Re-carpeted it and reused it. Don’t forget to use SS bolts and staples. I also put 3m 4200 on the threads of the screws.

7DACF227-FD5B-4304-995C-B919B5DB987C.png

Blkrvrbart

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Sugar Sand
Year
Boat Model
Tango
Boat Length
Good point @Ronnie about the stainless. Today’s treated lumber is treated with copper azole, and can react chemically with anything that’s bare metal, like fasteners, aluminum or bare steel boat or trailer parts, especially when it’s wet. The bunks are only wet momentarily, but it takes time for them to dry out. Stainless doesn’t corrode like mild steel. I usually replace the lag screws I’ve removed with galvanized carriage bolts making sure to countersink the head deep enough to clear the top of the bunk by at least 1/8”, then carpet over, and used galvanized flat washers, lock washers, and nuts. I’ve only had to do that to four trailers between mine and friends of mine.
Side note: my boating buddy puts spray vegetable oil on the carpet on his bunks after the first launch of the season and as needed. If you’re gonna do that, though, don’t unhook your strap until your ready to push the boat off your trailer. Makes a huge difference.