• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 242x Connect Issue - not working at all

Hitch5454

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Morning all, I have a 2019 Yamaha 242x and just put the batteries back in the boat getting it ready for the season Friday. I’ll start by saying I popped a fuse somehow in the battery compartment which I replaced already and the boat and all other systems are working fine.... Took it out on the water yesterday. For some reason I cannot make anything happen when trying to use the Connect Audio screen. All sources are showing up with small Lock symbols on them and if you touch a source it will not go to that source. The screen is being unresponsive. There is the small Turn On button at the bottom and if you tap that it doesn’t respond either. If you attempt to hit the actual media toggle button on the dash it will light up blue for a second then turn off. The swim platform control is completely off and will not turn on. I’m thinking I popped a fuse to the system and I’m not sure where to look... any suggestions on if I’m thinking correctly here? If so any hints on where to look for blown fuses? Thanks for any advice!

captras

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Have never used it but I read there is a reset button on the back of the tuner/amp. You might check that. I am assuming you have the same polk system that is in my 2016 242 Limited SE. Good luck!