• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 7" Connext

cbpagent72

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
Does anybody know if the new 7 inch system is available for sale so you can install in the 2018 model?

PJ73

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
While Im sure you can order/get one from somewhere, the issue is that I believe the screen has changed slightly from 2018. The 2019 does not have the buttons on the bottom of the screen, it's a complete touch screen so I'm not sure if it's actually the same size opening. That said, if it were, you still have to contend with the loss of the analog tachs (eliminated on the 2019) and the upgraded connext (242x software minus a couple goodies) where the tachs are integrated into the screen on either side. If you're using it just as a screen, again, check the opening. I think your software will translate to it, but you might want to check with yama to see if the opening is the same.

What I'd like to do is revamp my dash and put the 12.5" (242X) screen in my boat. I'm still trying to find out if that's possible.