• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR190/195

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've seen numerous posts comparing the two in the past but not since the 2019 redesign. Is there really enough that the 195 has to justify the $6k price difference?

I've also heard the redesign lowered the top speed of both models. If true, that could lean me more toward the 195 as I would want the ability to go low to mid 40 mph. Price, gas requirements and mpg of the 195 are making me lean toward the 190.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Yeah saw that one. Dealer is of course pushing the 195. They used to be much closer in price. Not sure that the upgrades in the 195 are justified for 6k.

mrtrav

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I went with the 195 simply because I liked the color scheme better as well as having the the sea-deck on both levels of the transom. The extra power is a nice to have, I certainly do not expect to be pushing top speed limits. Could I have lived with the color/power of a 190 and add aftermarket sea-deck, sure. The $6k in the grand scheme of things was worth it for getting a boat exactly how I wanted it as well as having the extra power if I ever need it.

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I honestly think we need more information, how do you plan to use it? Going with a small crew and not a bunch of junk, the 190 would be great. Take a big crew and half your house like we do and still want to do water sports then you will be much happier with the 195.

Michael-Nash

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Drove both of them. Ended up going with the 2019 AR190 in blue. For my family of three, it's plenty. My daughter is only 3 and I don't wakeboard much anymore. Sure it would be nice to go 50mph but I'd rather have the mpg of the 190 and just cruise on the river/lake all day. Hard to justify the $6k price increase for me. Been around boats and jet skis all my life but excited for my first jet boat! Will spend the $6k saved on upgrades. I'll upgrade the sound system for sure. I would have done that on either boat. Any other upgrades recommended for the new 190s? I've looked into the ribbon delete but want to be careful not to void any warranties.

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
These are getting really hard to get in the Northwest. Ended up getting a grey 195. We wanted the white and blue AR190, but none were available. I doubt we will be disappointed in upgrading to the 195.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
These are getting really hard to get in the Northwest. Ended up getting a grey 195. We wanted the white and blue AR190, but none were available. I doubt we will be disappointed in upgrading to the 195.
Yeah im usually never disappointed when i have to "upgrade" cuz what i wanted wasn't available :winkingthumbsup"

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I got a 190 when we bought 2yr ago. Fuel burn and color were the big choices.

The only thing I don't have that really kinda wish I did are the pop-up cleats. Might upgrade to the aluminum grab handles as well at some point in the future. They look nice. Otherwise, we're pretty pleased with our little 190.

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
$6000 price difference is like 5 years of gas for my 190. That was the deciding factor. I did look at the 2019 SX190 vs a 2018 SX195 which were priced similarly and the build in garbage can and table were the wifes deciding factors.

B0at1n

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I had to wait a month to get my blue AR190 back in October, they produced them last and I guess they sold the fastest. dealer said they had a few people waiting for them when I bought mine. they had a black on in stock the entire time