• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR195 parts

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hello all,
Long time lurker, first time poster! I grew up on boats up in Maine, but took a couple decades off from boating after moving out after school. Well, the time finally came for my family to buy our first boat. With this being my first boat, I really appreciated being able to read up on all things jetboat related on this forum before my wife and I decided to pull the trigger on a 2019 AR195 back in the fall. Seriously, thank you all for keeping this forum going!

Anyway, we ended up taking the boat down south over the winter and had a great time. Unfortunately that great time also included beaching the boat on a shoaled area of a channel. As a result, the impeller got a bit of a sandblasting. Nothing major, but the leading edge of the impeller is a minorly chewed up. Even when brand new though, I noticed the boat had some cavitation/ventilation issues when at high throttle/low speed, and now the impellers leading edge is definitely not helping. It still scoots once underway (topping out at 49mph indicated with 3 adults and a kiddo), but definitely a couple seconds of wah wah wah at holeshot. Sooo, couple of questions for all of you.

1) I'm going to replace the impeller. I looked up the part number from Yamaha (6GN-R1321-10-00) and availability seems scarce. My local dealer told me they had part number
6GN-R1321-02-00 in stock, and that what I had originally looked up was a superseded part number. However, when I look up the -02-00 part number, it looks like its for a 2018 AR195, not a 2019. Does anyone know if these are interchangeable part numbers, or was my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

2) I'm also going to do the Lucky 13 upgrade to help with the cavitation. Does anyone have a favorite source for these? Do these ever go on sale?

3) If the L13 and new impeller doesn't totally fix the issue, I'm going to completely seal the intake tunnel with something more permanent than silicone. Anyone have any pro/con thoughts of Marine-Tex vs Bondo vs 5200?

Lastly, a pic of our boat while on vacation over the winter!

Attachments

djetok

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Congrats on the new boat and welcome!

The 2019 impeller (6GN-R1321-10-00) indeed seems to be not available! Strange. I would think your dealer is probably giving you the correct info.
The 2018 impeller should be the same, I think (part number 6GN-R1321-02-00) - looks like it is the same pitch.
The 2019 pump is modified with special coating and new reverse nozzles. I do not believe the wear ring is different size, it is the same 160mm (non-supercharged 1.8s and older 192s have the smaller 155mm pump).
If you have access to the service manual it would give sizes and clearances - I bet those are the same, but I do not know it for a fact.
The 2018 impeller is in stock at Babbitts, where I like to shop (part #23 in this microfiche):
2018 Yamaha AR195 (RP1800AT) Jet Unit 1 | Babbitts Online

The Lucky 13 is sold by Jerry Gaddis of greenhulk, you can email him at his store there - Jerry Gaddis <pwcperformancestore@gmail.com>, he will occasionally give people a deal.
Make sure you get the SVHO part - it has 4 bolts, not 3 for non-SC, 155mm pump. Make sure you transfer the o-ring from the OEM cone tot he L13.
It is a great mod especially for the single engine yammies which are more prone to cavitation.

"Anyone have any pro/con thoughts of Marine-Tex vs Bondo vs 5200?"
Here are some thoughts on that:

--

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the advice! I went and ordered both. I’ll do a write up and post a before and after vid to show how the L13 affects cavitation on the 2019. Hope it’s as pronounced a difference as you saw on yours!

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know what part number hex-to-spline nut is needed to remove the impeller on the 2019 AR195?

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Anyone know what part number hex-to-spline nut is needed to remove the impeller on the 2019 AR195?

Here is a pic or one setup for impeller removal:
You need the spline tool - to hold that end of the splined shaft in a LARGE vice, and a really big cheater bar. Keep in mind this is a left handed thread, you will be pushing down on an impeller wrench while standing in front of a set up like this:

It was @CrankyGypsy who invented the "method" of holding a vice with a Jeep.
Ill try to find the tool part #.

https://jetboaters.net/threads/ar190-impeller.13972/#post-241922

--

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Thank you much for the parts advice. Spline nut worked great.

I got the new impeller installed, as well as the Lucky 13 cone. Straight out of the gate I went with all 3 spacers, and holy cats, cavitation is just gone. Boat just launches.

Now for the downside. I definitely noticed that my top speed was down. I was pretty consistently at 7,600+ rpm at 49 mph before. With all 3 rings the boat wouldn’t push more than 7,100 rpm and 43 mph. I took the smallest ring off and was able to eek out almost another 100 rpm and another 1 mph, but it’s still about 5 mph off (same load on all trials).

I’m going to play with it some more either today or next weekend. Hoping there is a sweet spot where cavitation is minimal and I still get the top end.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@swatski Thank you much for the parts advice. Spline nut worked great.

I got the new impeller installed, as well as the Lucky 13 cone. Straight out of the gate I went with all 3 spacers, and holy cats, cavitation is just gone. Boat just launches.

Now for the downside. I definitely noticed that my top speed was down. I was pretty consistently at 7,600+ rpm at 49 mph before. With all 3 rings the boat wouldn’t push more than 7,100 rpm and 43 mph. I took the smallest ring off and was able to eek out almost another 100 rpm and another 1 mph, but it’s still about 5 mph off (same load on all trials).

I’m going to play with it some more either today or next weekend. Hoping there is a sweet spot where cavitation is minimal and I still get the top end.
Glad it worked out! some impellers can be very difficult to get of, some need to be cut off.

That is a big speed loss. I wonder if the new impeller is the exact same pitch. You definitely want to be spinning it closer to 7,800 when you hit the rev limiter. May need to repitch - bending the trailing edge, one mm at the time - there are some good posts on that soemwhere.

--

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I've now tried with no spacers on the L13 cone. Cavitation is definitely back at hole shot, but RPMs and speed have not improved. This leads me to believe that the impeller pitch of 6GN-R1321-02-00 is likely different than 6GN-R1321-10-00. I've scoured the net and what I've been able to find is that the 2018 service manual indicates a 16.5 degree pitch, whereas my 2019 owners manual indicates a 15.1 degree pitch.

So much for the dealer telling me that it's a direct replacement number...

Strue961

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Did you ever find a replacement impeller that fit? Mine is messed up and can't seem to find one? 2018 and 2019 seem different. No aftermarket parts either.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So, I've now tried with no spacers on the L13 cone. Cavitation is definitely back at hole shot, but RPMs and speed have not improved. This leads me to believe that the impeller pitch of 6GN-R1321-02-00 is likely different than 6GN-R1321-10-00. I've scoured the net and what I've been able to find is that the 2018 service manual indicates a 16.5 degree pitch, whereas my 2019 owners manual indicates a 15.1 degree pitch.

So much for the dealer telling me that it's a direct replacement number...
I’m also very curious.

With the same engines, wonder why they would make changes? Must be the new pump lining? or they finagled a relatively small change that helps loading the pump?

The pitch in those impellers is progressive, so usually two numbers - for leading and trailing edge angle of attack.

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey, sorry for the delay here. There was most definitely a difference in the impeller. I took the new one back off and placed it side by side with the old one on my workbench. The trailing edge looked slightly different, so I took out a set of calipers and measured the distance from the trailing edges to the flat work bench they were sitting on to verify. Sure enough, there was a consistent 1.5 mm difference between the 2018 and 2019 impellers.

Since my original impeller wasn’t all that bad, I ended up refinishing the leading edges of it by hand as a short term solution (once they are widely available I’ll replace it). The good news though, I gained most of my RPMs back by going back to the 2019. I’m now running at 7,500 and change at WOT with all 3 rings on the L13. I also tried zero rings, but there wasn’t an appreciable enough difference to justify the added cavitation at hole shot, so I’ll likely stick with the 3.

As for availability, my guess is we are hosed until the supply chain gets caught up with the new model year. I bought a replacement rear seat cushion (flew off on the freeway) about a month ago, and it’s still on backorder. I guess that’s what we get for buying nice new boats... 😛

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question for everyone regarding the L13: Has anyone noticed/measured a fuel economy difference when using this? Just wondering because boy does this boat drink fuel when cruising.

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
With the Lucky 13, you will only see a reduction of 100-200 RPM's so it will help with fuel economy but I'm not aware of anyone actually tracking the difference.

swatski

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Quick question for everyone regarding the L13: Has anyone noticed/measured a fuel economy difference when using this? Just wondering because boy does this boat drink fuel when cruising.
It is improved but exactly how much?
Hard to tell.
I find the fuel curve to be very sharp, the usage jumps quickly once you push it beyond a certain point, but it also depends on conditions.

So, the 2019 had the blades about 1.5mm farther away from the flat surface, right?

DavisAR195

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
MasterCraft
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@2kwik4u is a numbers guy and I believe running the Lucky 13, have you monitored the fuel efficiency gain in running the Lucky 13?

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
It is improved but exactly how much?
Hard to tell.
I find the fuel curve to be very sharp, the usage jumps quickly once you push it beyond a certain point, but it also depends on conditions.

So, the 2019 had the blades about 1.5mm farther away from the flat surface, right?

Yes, If I recall correctly, the 2019 was 1.5 mm farther away from the bench, when resting on the rear flange of the impeller. That would make it a less aggressively pitched impeller, which lines up with what the manuals said (16.5 degree for 2018 vs 15.1 degree for 2019).

2kwik4u

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@2kwik4u is a numbers guy and I believe running the Lucky 13, have you monitored the fuel efficiency gain in running the Lucky 13?
I am a numbers guy :D:D. I am also running the L13 in a single 1.8L, 19ft boat.

I can say that I was getting around 3.4mpg on the Nashville Trip (as reported by the boat). That was running around 6400rpm and 32ish mph on GLASS SMOOTH water with no wind. That trip netted me ~75 miles as best I can tell, and the low fuel light was just coming on as we came off plane to load the boat back on the trailer. I think I put 28gal back in at the next fillup.

I don't have any "before" data to compare with my "after" data though, so getting a good improvement percentage isn't really possible from me.

There was another guy on here that was doing some fuel burn vs speed numbers that was running an L13 Cone. Might be able to take his numbers and compare with boatest (as biased as they might be, fuel burn data is hard to fake) for a percentage increase. I can't remember which member that was though.

Strue961

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Hey everyone,

So.... I can or cannot use the 2018 for a 2019 boat? Still waiting for my rebuilt one to come back and Yamaha has the 2019 on Back Order. Thanks for the help.

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
You can, and I did for 2 days until I decided to just repair my old one since the damage to the leading edge was really really minimal. Just be warned that the pitch of the trailing edge is indeed different which negatively affected my top speed by a few mph. Otherwise, the thread was the same (it screwed right onto the shaft just fine), and the clearance from the blades to the wear ring looked to be the same as well.

If you're looking for one to just get you by until your rebuilt one comes back, I'd be willing to sell you my used one for $140 bucks. There's no wear on it, looks just like new. I can take pics of it when I get home if you're interested.