• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 AR195 Seat Lock

thegame3202

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I've noticed that if I adjust the driver seat forward or back, it never actually locks in position. As soon as I take off, the seat goes all the way back like it slipped out. In looking closer, I think the bar with the notches doesn't go all the way back to vertical, so it slips out once you take off. Does anyone else have this issue?

It looks like there is a spring that is supposed to pull it back, so maybe the string isn't strong enough? If I push the notched bar back to vertical, it seems to hold. But I don't want to crawl under my seat each time :p

Any ideas? Thanks!

Mac’nCheese

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I also have a 2019 AR195. Mine definitely locks into place. Is the little triangular handle under the seat in the bottom position, or is it tilted to the side?

thegame3202

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Yeah, I've tried playing with that a bit too to make sure. Of all of the things to be out of whack, this is a weird one haha.

S1LV3R4D0

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Mine adjusts forward and back and locks in all positions. Sounds like you got a gimpy seat adjuster. Warranty that bad boy!!