• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Chicago Air and Water show

John Y

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Anyone planning on boating the 2019 Chicago Air and Water show?

Looking for tips on where to launch, where to park on the water, and anything else that might be helpful for a family on the water.

I traveled up from Portage Indiana last year, but waves were high for a 21’ boat and we ended up staying on the fringe.

Thanks
John

Jimxo

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
Anyone planning on boating the 2019 Chicago Air and Water show?

Looking for tips on where to launch, where to park on the water, and anything else that might be helpful for a family on the water.

I traveled up from Portage Indiana last year, but waves were high for a 21’ boat and we ended up staying on the fringe.

Thanks
John

I definitely want to do this.

Lawman25

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I did this in 2017. I launched at Diversey Harbor, just north of downtown. Go under Lake Shore Drive to get out of the harbor and you're right where a lot of the boats are anchoring. Never had to get up on plane. Most of the jets went right overhead, it was a great time. Probably not the place to launch if you're looking to cruise as well, but as far as just watching the show it was great. Have to get to the Harbor about 5am to ensure getting a parking spot. Wife and I slept in the truck for a couple hours before it was time to launch.

Speedling

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SS
Boat Length
Indiana Residents should launch at Hammond Marina. Lots of parking. Free to launch for Indiana residents. A little drive up to the area, BUT, once show is over, we can "jet" outta there and get away from all the big boat waves. Plus, if nicer weather, you may wanna stay out a little later and hang out inside the Hammond marina breaker wall.
We always hope to go, but it doesn't always work.
Also, coming from the south, it may work better to stay inside the breaker wall south of navy pier (inside the marina, not up against the pier) if the waves are rough.