• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 FSH 210

Dantino

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
New member here from Orlando, FL.

My wife purchased a 2019 FSH 21o after struggling to find a 2018 model. There aren't major differences but a couple nice upgrades including a better warranty offering from Yamaha.

This past weekend we took the boat out to the east coast and while fishing with our kids and apparently slid the stern across a sand or oyster bar. We are having very minor gel coat work done to remove a few scratches on the keel. Approximately 5 mins at 25 mph in the channel heading back to the ramp my starboard motor throws an overtemp warning. I idle back on both motors and call our salesman who we now consider a friend after excellent service. Long story short I ended up getting overtemp warnings from both motors on a long slow cruise back to the dock trying to keep the motors cool. A trip back to the dealer's service dept has lead us to their technicians reporting seeing a couple engine warning light codes on YDS that they have cleared and other than that all is well. They have a tank they can run the boats in to try and replicate issues and apparently they have attempted that with our boat. That seems shocking given the fact that we had overtemp warnings and the motors were not flushing correctly that evening.

While running the boat extremely slowly with the warnings going off a couple times we were always peeing out the side. Upon flushing I was barely getting the starboard motor to pee and no peeing from the port motor. Now two days later somehow all is well. I have absolutely no reason to question their judgement as they have been transparent so far with all transactions and I have my salesman buddy who also works in service helping look into it.

Has anyone experienced this type (or similar) of scenario? My concern is somehow magically the boat runs fine with them and then craps out on me with my family on board miles from the ramp again.

Dave1949

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I had a similar issue after going over a sandbar, called dealer, he said to shut down turn off batteries for 15 sec and turn back on. The issue cleared up and hasn't returned. Good luck and have fun.

SgtBFGunner

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
It's my understanding that the "pee hole/s" are not necessarily a good indicator during a flush. Water's dropping out of the nozzle areas, etc. as well. I just make sure the stream is similar from flush to flush. Best way to tell us drop her in the water again and see how she pees.
It always freaks me out a little because too much water pressure and you can possibly end up with water in the engine, too little and she'll overheat. Good luck!
My 2 cents... Maybe worth exactly that.

SoftballBryan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Sometimes the P stream is weak if you don’t have good water pressure. So be sure it isn’t that.

orexismd

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
I have a 2019 FSH 210 as well. Water pressure definitely impacts the water expulsion from the pee holes. If I use a 100 ft hose I have none to barely any water come out of the pee holes when flushing. Switching to a 50 ft hose made a large improvement and a 25 ft hose even better. But neither compares to the amount of water that is expelled through the holes while the boat is in the water.

jake777

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Always make sure your exhaust blower is on!!! (Switch under keys) unless boat is off!! If you’re not getting airflow(slow speeds or idle) the heat stays In the engine compartment. ALWAYS before you even turn the keys on, hit that switch!