• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Scarab 215 water in boat

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Hello all, I have lurked of and on but need your guys help! I have a leak in my 2019 Scarab 215. Bilge runs a lot, ceramic seals are good, no signs of wear. I tracked it down to coming from the left heat exchanger under the boat. It’s hard to access when on the trailer but what are your guys thoughts that I could just tighten up the bolts next time it’s in the water? I’m not sure how those seal above the exchanger. Ideas?E28D7B08-6CEF-40B4-83BD-1AE0158FDC17.jpeg

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
That by the way is leaking because I put water into the bilge

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
Second issue not to overwhelm this thread but while I was in there looking around water was dripping out of the right side cone on that pump. Took the cone off and sure enough it was full of water. Would it be ok to just clean it out, repack it and put new seals on the cone without removing the pump? The boat has 92 hours

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I ended up sealing it up with 3m 5200, worked it into that area as good as I could. I’ll water test tomorrow. Looks like a real pain to remove it so I’m hoping this will do the trickC57A2466-795C-4DDF-A567-943CB6266226.jpeg

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
I’ll know tomorrow, giving it 24hrs to set and then water test. I’ll report back 👍

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
As far as the cone issue, I cleaned the pump of grease and put new grease with synthetic gear oil half full. I wasn’t able to get new oring seals so I just removed the old ones, cleaned out the grooves, regreased and reinstalled. Doesn’t seem to be leaking from the cone anymore. I’m going to remove them this fall and install new seals.

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
So water testing today but so far the leak seems to have stopped. Hopefully that’s it. Will check in a couple hoursCE99E1CF-4D9B-478A-A04C-AA2F320D97EA.jpeg

Greatlakes

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
215 ID
Boat Length
That solved it, no more leak