• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 scarab wake surfing ???

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
so im getting to know the boat more and more...when surfing i fill the middle (ski Locker) sac with water and then i fill what ever side im surfing on. i do a lunch of 5 at 10.5 to 11 and then when the person is up i back it down to 8.5 to 9ish...works good but to make the wave better i thought of getting the yamaha fact sac that is 650lbs and putting on the back swim deck / seat on the side im surfing...do you think this would help or has anyone came up with a really good idea? other than selling the boat and getting a different one.

thanks guys
Scott

Firechic78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Did you come up with anything that works better yet? Heading out next weekend to mess around with ballasts

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
i did end up buying 3 fat sac that are 155lbs each that i put on the swim deck. As long as you have a good 12ft of water...20 plus is always better you can then surf!

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
the other thing is i should add i feel like the spot is not right on top of the jet but close you will feel it and you have to learn how to use that as far as you pumping goes...

Firechic78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
Ok. Great. Thanks. We only surf like 20% of time but would be nice to have the option. I’ll experiment and report back

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
good to see some scarab surfing I have a 19 scarab 195 open. I am going to be working on wakesurfing soon. I have a lot of ballast bags left from my last boat.

Firechic78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
We absolutely surfed last weekend. Had 1600lbs of ballast 4 adults and 2 kids. I had made a diy wake shaper but even with a tether it ended up at the bottom of the lake without even a good test run.....don’t ask. Lol. Anyway, it’s surfable but we were unable to drop the rope unless we were right on top of the swim step. This could be because of ballast placement or not having a clean wake. Yet to be determined. Our scarab wake shapers are on order so excited to keep playing around with it. Would love to get a clean wake with propulsion.

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Sweet post pics of wake shaped you ordered and the wave. I built one and it stays on. We didn’t have ballast in the boat yet tho for wave height.

Firechic78

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I sure will. Can you post pics of the one you made and where you placed it? I couldn’t get both the suction cups tight on the hull. Cups almost needed to be moveable instead of rigid to form to the shape of the hull for a right fit.

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
We absolutely surfed last weekend. Had 1600lbs of ballast 4 adults and 2 kids. I had made a diy wake shaper but even with a tether it ended up at the bottom of the lake without even a good test run.....don’t ask. Lol. Anyway, it’s surfable but we were unable to drop the rope unless we were right on top of the swim step. This could be because of ballast placement or not having a clean wake. Yet to be determined. Our scarab wake shapers are on order so excited to keep playing around with it. Would love to get a clean wake with propulsion.
what do the scarab wake shapers look like for the 195?

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
interesting, from what i have seen people said that doesnt help with the jet boat but i would like to try as well lol...i bought two sets up suction cups

Last edited:

shaggy.canada

Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
255 ID
Boat Length
I have been surfing on the 255 and added a 800 pound ronix fat sac makes the wave better gonna try putting weight in the bow to extend wave next season

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Gotcha yea I have 4-5 fat sac from my old boat so I have plenty of weight to play with
Then going to sell what I don’t need. So if anyone needs let me know
I know one will be 750 fly high bag.

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
Well my boat will be going in to add the scarab surf stream to it in about 4 weeks since that was the only option I did have when we got it new. From talking about it to some people it is a must have .

Stang7tl

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 Open ID
Boat Length
Well my boat will be going in to add the scarab surf stream to it in about 4 weeks since that was the only option I did have when we got it new. From talking about it to some people it is a must have .
How much is that going to cost?

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
My local scarab deal. I should say I think I get 20% off since I bought my boat new with them. So I'm not sure if thats with the money off or if that needs to come off still...

2019scott195wake300

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Scarab
Year
Boat Model
195 ID
Boat Length
still waiting on my surf stream? anyone else having luck with getting parts?