• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamaha 190 Series updates

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I posted this in the 19' forum section thread but figured it could be posted here as well since not everyone goes to that sub forum.

Here's some subtle changes I've noticed while really looking over the new 19' boats...

Bow:
New upholstery design looks cool but what I really like was the cup holders are now by the hip of the person sitting in the bow seats. In previous models the cup holder is up by the front of the bow by the occupants ankles. Grab handles are now moved inside the bow for a sleeker look. They should have taken this opportunity to move the front cleats aft about to where the grab handles normally would have been on previous models. I always hate how the front cleats are on the tapering portions of the bow which doesn't protect the boat as well when using a fender. Would move the cleat aft both another foot or so. The longer and flatter bow area by the navigation light should make footing safer. As someone who solo boats and uses the front often getting off/on the trailer or kid jumping off the bow, this is a welcome change! Oh and hinged seats FTW of course lol.

Cockpit:
The engine hatch is completely redesigned to have cutouts in the corners. It's also asymmetrical now. This is similar to what Scarab does to increase leg room in corners rather than go straight across and have right angles. I noticed the girl almost stepped on the front angle surface of the engine hatch before stepping into the cushion lol.

Here's a good look at the new cushion and back rests. The center cushion is now removable (finally!) to save from stepping on the cushion should you not want to. There are snaps you can see holding it on. Cup holders moved by the center bench cushion. Now sure how I feel about that placement as I can see someone knocking over drinks going and coming from the swim deck.

image.jpeg

Here's the table seating area. Not into this but I do like how open it makes it. I'd just never use the table. You can also spot the additional helm storage. Really jealous of that and the observers new helm angle area lol. They took those ques from the FSH models and adapted it for the new SX and AR 19's so a smart change IMO. Really opens up the cockpit. Yea you lose storage you had in the rear cushion but you gain it under the new helm storage so it's a win in my book.

Swim deck:
Cup holders moved to the Lower deck on the swim platform and they also have the small white drains so they no longer dump into the bilge like previous models cup holders of the upper deck. Personally I'm a fan of this change. Also just like previous models trim levels, the 190 series only get traction mat on the upper deck while the 195 series get it on both levels of the swim platform. Single latch for cleanout tray is nice as its one less to break than previous years. I like the larger swim platform overall and it's much more like the 21' boats!

Trim level differences at a glance:
Here is a good angle to show the trim level differences between the 190 and 195 series. Just like in the past year models, the upper trim level receive a darker sportier theme. SX195 gets a chrome trim around the window edging. AR195 can come with gray or black window edging depending on boat color. Just like previous years, the 190 series gets a black rub rail while the 195 series get black w/ stainless steel. The SX observers seat can swivel 180 degrees.

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Hey everyone, I’m new here and to boating. Just bought a 2019 black/white sx190, I had committed to a 2018 but the new boat just got me. Although analog gauges not being there is a bit of a bummer, I liked everything else. Dealer will let me know this week when they can get a pre-sold unit to their store for delivery. Any one in the know on availability?

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am pretty sure I am going to do the same thing. The main thing for me was the table and the 40 gal fuel tank. Do you mind sharing the out the door price?

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
I am pretty sure I am going to do the same thing. The main thing for me was the table and the 40 gal fuel tank. Do you mind sharing the out the door price?
Hi Peter, I probably prefer not posting a price but they did give me the same discount on the 19 as we had negotiated on an 18. I just paid the msrp difference to get the 19. Hopefully I can get it before 9/30 to get 2 yr additional warranty or they will try to lock that in. I just don’t like comments from people saying you could of gotten better etc... I’m happy with all the 19 changes, biggest one is the hinged seats followed by size change and reverse thrust v shaped. Table is very cool and I’m sure I’ll use 40g tank.

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I was wanting to hit the end of season deals to trade for a 2018, but the 40 gal. tank and hinged cushions sold me on waiting. Besides, one dealer that had a few 18's left priced me at MSRP so that pretty much tipped it for me.

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Exactly, my dealer did not give me much in terms of discount on the 2018 so I opted 2019 with same discount and only paid MSRP difference.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Congrats @Maccam26 ! Post some pics up once you get it!

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Sweet let me know when you get yours! Congrats.

lukewaterwalker

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
This what I want but I'm going to wait for the boat show here in Seattle. Our season is pretty much over anyways. I'm excited for the 2019 boats.

Sandbar29910

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
SeaDoo
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
PWC
I might would have waited to get a "show special", but that would be spring and I'm a somewhat spontaneous person. I haven't put eyes on one other than pictures, but it was the nice little upgrades - and the 40 gallon tank - that made the decision for me.
The cool trash can is just icing on the cake :thumbsup:

Peter simon

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Yes my dealer was giving $500 discounts on 2018s.

They let me put a deposit and when the first blue 190 comes in its mine.

Coffeecan

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Few more notes on 2019 changes (sorry if others may have posted).

1. Garden hose flush is now under the pump clean out hatch and with the new drain cut outs you should be able to keep the hose connected with the hatch closed. This should prevent the usual leakage into the cockpit most of us currently have to deal with while the boat is running.

2. Engine cover seat is removable. Pics show 3 snaps holding it in place and it was removed for the FB live boat show walkthrough. This is a huge improvement, and brings the 19 footers up to snuff with the rest of yamahas line up.

Now if only we can get the wake booster retrofitted onto older 190’s

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Mine is delivered today, I’ll post more pics tomorrow I’m sooo tired but happy.

Ps. I took down the Bimini for the drive

Attachments

SCP1

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Rumor has it Will is working on surf system for the 19’s. Are the back of the hauls much different (2019 vs 2012 - 2018) or is the back basically the same so this system will work all years of 19’ boats?

Maccam26

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
First time in water today, love the connext actually. Thought I’d miss analog guages but I won’t.

Attachments

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Im new here as well looking to purchase a AR early next year, your shot of the connext was the first I've saw. It appears the boat does not have a depth finder, do any of the 19' boats have them or? I swore I read they did somewhere.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
Im new here as well looking to purchase a AR early next year, your shot of the connext was the first I've saw. It appears the boat does not have a depth finder, do any of the 19' boats have them or? I swore I read they did somewhere.
The depth finder (and water temp gauge) is part of the higher trim levels like the previous 192 or 195 series versus the 190 series. When you do a comparison on the website it shows the depth finder as part of the 195 series trim level.

From left to right columns: SX190, AR190, SX195, AR195

image.png

Last edited: