• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2019 Yamahas

Jim46

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
NA
Boat Model
SX
Boat Length
Other
When I spoke to my dealer yesterday they mentioned something about the 2019s having some sort of protective coating on any exposed metal to help with saltwater corrosion. They also indicated they would have some available at our local in water boat show next month. Wondering if this “coating” is legit or a upsell tactic.

Thoughts?

Ian Andrews

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Looks like this new design will move the reverse pivot point towards the back of the boat while at the same time sending power straight up to the front of the boat. Hopefully this new nozzle design will fit onto my 2018 195.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
There's a long thread on the 19's a few threads down. A bit of info posted on the new models towards the end of the thread right now. The buckets and nozzle are also backwards compatible but no price on that yet. Would still be way more expensive than Jetboatpilot LT's. Wear ring is different as well. Everything else seems about the same as previous years. Haven't seen any 2019 19' boat literature yet so not sure if something big is changing or not ...

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Just found this for the 2019's! Looks like a decent addtion.
View attachment 81131
This will be my first mod as soon as it becomes available. This is totally a game changer.

@Andy S
This post was confusing to me, the twin pumps were shown without lateral thruster reverse nozzles (rather the traditional Yamaha reverse opening setup).
I'm assuming it's just an editing error with those promotional pamphlets and if those are available with twins - will be my first mod. Those should work GREAT!

--

RingneckRedneck

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
X
Boat Length
I was talking to a Yamaha dealer today, I was looking at a 2018 212x holdover, the sales rep mentioned that the 2019 212x has a new hull design for a better wakesurfing wave and more ballast, 1500 or 1550 lbs. Anyone else hear any of this info? I looked online a little bit tonight, but didn't see anything about either of these.

haknslash

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Moomba
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
I was talking to a Yamaha dealer today, I was looking at a 2018 212x holdover, the sales rep mentioned that the 2019 212x has a new hull design for a better wakesurfing wave and more ballast, 1500 or 1550 lbs. Anyone else hear any of this info? I looked online a little bit tonight, but didn't see anything about either of these.
He's just trying to sell you a 2019...or yet another uninformed salesman talking about their product. The hulls are the same and they did not increase ballast for 2019. It's the same 1,100 lbs in the 3 tanks. He may be thinking of the new Wake Booster package for 2019 which comes with a water diverter that attaches to the swimdeck tiedown eye on either side and helps "shoot" or divert water from the side of the hull over towards the rear jet pumps to help knock down some of the jet wash, thus making for a cleaner looking wave. Long thread on the wake booster here. My hunch is he's just trying to up-sale you to a 2019 with mythical new features, especially if they're offering the leftover at a discount.

Last edited:

Chris2174

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
Well, I am in for one this year - 2019 242x with surf package - we would probably actually already have one except I am looking at hip surgery in January. Argh! the frustration! Either way, we are in Spokane WA and ton of awesome lakes nearby. Only problem is our boating season tends to be relatively short.