• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195 FSH clean out plug leak

rmh77

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Deluxe
Boat Length
I have a 2020 195 FSH. When I’m underway I have water coming out of the clean out plug and spilling out on to the swim platform. The dealership has rebuilt and installed a new plug with the same result. They sent a video to Yamaha and the tech advisors are saying this is normal. Anyone else notice this on their boats? I’m pretty confident my boat did not do this when I first bought it new. It only has 43 hrs on it.

SCSCOTT

Jet Boat Lover
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
The clean out plug access hole on my 2021 is always full of water after we get it on the trailer at the end of the day. I pull the plug and let it drain each time. The plug itself also has water in it, I turn it sideways to drain and leave it out when the boat is stored. I have never really paid attention when we are underway to see if it flows out of there. I get water from the fine spray on the swim platform while underway. So 6 of one half dozen of another in my case.

lazergeek

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Its normal, if your getting water into the bilge from this you need to remove the screw down plastic tray in the back hatch area and re seal it with silicone and make sure the hose clamps for the cleanout tube is tight.

randocommando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
Mine leaks. I think it is more the port side. I swapped sides for the plugs, but water still comes out the port side when underway. Doesn't get into the bilge. Not sure what the fix would be. I am afraid to take it in to the dealer, because it would sit there for weeks. Doesn't seem to affect performance. If anybody has a fix, I'd be curious to know.

FSH 210 Sport

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH Sport
Boat Length
Most of the time this water is coming up and out of the clean out tray drain, and that’s how the clean out plug well gets filled with water.

How did you verify that the water is coming up out of a clean out plug? Did you somehow defeat the engine cut off switches and prop the clean out deck open ?

randocommando

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
FSH
Boat Length
I had my wife drive the boat while I sat in the back with my fingers on the engine cutoff switches with the hatch open.