• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S Build Thread WARNING PIC HEAVY

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So this is going to be my build thread for our brand new 2020 195S. I'm bad when it comes to my toys. So this could end up being a long thread.

We went with the 195S because we fell in love with the simplistic classy look. No flashy colors, or graphics. Just plain White and Gray. Swim platform Fusion head unit with wetsounds cabin speakers was a big plus. Without going into everything we loved let's just skip to the pics.

Day one at the dealership we are in love. Dealership rigged her all up and ready for us. 2 minutes on the hour meter:

Various pics of details.....

Mooring lights are nice, and actually super bright.

Simple Yamaha badge under the pissers:

The only model branding is here on tower base :

Love the matching windshield trim :

Hello gorgeous interior :

Let's take it for the dealer test ride. What ya mean I gotta break in period..... That sucks. 15 minutes at idle, and then 1.25 hours of under 5k rpm. Oh well. Let's test no wake mode then:

7" connext is really nice, and super easy to navigate though. Good time to play with all that :

Maps feature is super nice to have in dash :

The supercharged beauty :

Test ride is done. Let's hook her up and bring her home. 3 hour ride in store :

First order of business is trailer guides. Must have for us as we are used to putting on and off with lines not boat power. Super easy to do with guides. Fulton 50" guides :

Gotta add the pads though :

Next up let's fix this loose steering issue. It's not as bad as I thought it would be, but this will tighten it right up :

Great shot of yamaha lateral thrusters built in from factory with the wider v shaped bucket :

Super easy install watching Jeff's video on you tube. The AK19 Super fins are a gorgeous fit. Total of like 15 minute install. Yes these were installed before the 1.5 hour break in time 😁:

Time for our Maiden Voyage. After our .5 hour no wake zone creek ride...... Break in time is over. LET'S GO.... Hit 44 with 7 people, 3 coolers, lots of beer, and some Captain and Coke:

Quick stop for some Lunch and Orange Crushes for the crew :

She backed in beautifully with the Cobra Jet Steering :

Let's spend the rest of the day at the sandbar. Yes please :

Our main selling feature was this gorgeous swim deck, and she surely got used :

Yep..... I love this view :

Oh snap. Package came in. I like my sounds, and I like it loud :

This is the area the electronics will go. Port side Aft seat storage is now home to a bunch of electronics :

Start by adding 2 Duracell Group 31 batteries ran in parallel back aft of stock battery. Grounded to stock battery. Didn't get a Pic, but stock battery switch was replaced with perko dial battery switch :

Yamaha..... Did you really cut and crimp off the RCA leads to the fusion deck? "Yes we did. Fight me." So that was a pain in the butt. I spliced all my RCA cables in directly. FYI to anyone else that is going to add amps to this.... Fusion sells a replacement harness for your RCA (I didn't know at the time) :

Gunner

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Great looking boat, nice write up. Keep the updates coming and good luck.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So now comes the fun part of snaking wires. I went from swim deck fusion radio hole to port swim deck cup holder. From the cup holder it's a straight shot to port aft compartment. Good ol wire coat hanger to the rescue. 106211

Here's a shot of components installed where they will go, and my wiring mess being snaked through :

She's running 2 duracell batteries, noco genius 3 Bay on board charger, stinger power distribution block with dual 300amp fuses, stinger ground distribution block, and dual wetsounds syndx6 Amplifiers. One amp powers stock Recon 5s cabin speakers with about 65watts rms power (half gain), and Rev 12" Subwoofer bridged channels 5&6 to about 500 watts rms (3/4 gain). The other amp runs Rev 10 Tower speakers channels 1&2 bridged and 3&4 bridged giving 400 watts rms (3/4 gain). Here's a night shot all powered up :

Time to prep for tower speakers install. Here I'm braiding some bailing wire to fish into tower:

Let's go :

Up through here port side :

Up through the hole in tower. Only drilling was at speaker itself to feed wire :

Boom. Mounted on bow facing bar to not impede bimini storage. They are gorgeous. Rev 10s at their finest :

So begins the sub enclosure build :

1.7 cu ft 19" vented enclosure built to be tuned at 35hz:

12 gauge wire installed :

All sealed up :

Down the depths of the vent :

That's where I'm at currently. Sub is installed, but it got dark. I'll update this tomorrow morning. Should be complete then.

swatski

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 1*
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@Hoyt Man, super awesome thread !!!
I love this project.

β€”

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Love these kind of threads! Following :)

tabbibus

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242 Limited S E-Series
Boat Length
noice!

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @Hoyt beautiful Yammy and awesome build thread. Love the BoomBoom’s I bet it will sound unreal when u’r done. Can’t wait to see the rest of the install.πŸ€™πŸ½

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@Hoyt Man, super awesome thread !!!
I love this project.

β€”
Thank you my guy. Hopefully much more coming.

Love these kind of threads! Following :)
Thank you

Thank you

Aloha @Hoyt beautiful Yammy and awesome build thread. Love the BoomBoom’s I bet it will sound unreal when u’r done. Can’t wait to see the rest of the install.πŸ€™πŸ½

So far it's incredible. Sub last night shook the whole boat. When I get home today I'll be tuning it a bit, and I'll make a video.

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I recognize a few of those spots, i'm in VB.. picking up my AR210 tomorrow. Its been a few years since I've had a boat in HR so any good hot spots you can recommend once I'm on the water? Did you get it from Lynnhaven?

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I recognize a few of those spots, i'm in VB.. picking up my AR210 tomorrow. Its been a few years since I've had a boat in HR so any good hot spots you can recommend once I'm on the water? Did you get it from Lynnhaven?
Thanks man. Nah I went to Fredricksburg to buy mine. I cannot stand lynnhaven customer service. Treated the wife and I like garbage.
The shots floating are at portsmouth sand bar. Craney Island across from NIT. We went to 64th st first landing last weekend, but many stay north on the chickohominy River. Perhaps I'll run into ya

ifly4fun

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks man. Nah I went to Fredricksburg to buy mine. I cannot stand lynnhaven customer service. Treated the wife and I like garbage.
The shots floating are at portsmouth sand bar. Craney Island across from NIT. We went to 64th st first landing last weekend, but many stay north on the chickohominy River. Perhaps I'll run into ya
Looking forward to it! I'm getting mine from Potomic Mills.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length

FireFighterHill

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
So far we've been out on the Potomac and to Lake Anna. Would love to find some more great places to go.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
So far we've been out on the Potomac and to Lake Anna. Would love to find some more great places to go.
64th street First Landing State Park is really nice. Sandy beach and bottom. Boat ramp right at park. So literally 2 minutes around corner to sand bar. You can also drive and park at beach. So it's not only boat people there, but regular people as well. Summer it gets nice. Salt water

Paradise Ocean Club is a dope. Paid entry beach for driving in people. Free to boats. Bars and restaurants, pool, corn hole, bands and dj. Problem is its on the Bay. So watch the weather depending on how you like chop. Boat ramp right at Fort Monroe. So 5 minute boat ride. Salt water

Portsmouth has a really nice sand bar on the Elizabeth right across from NIT ports. Put in at Portsmouth City Park, and it's 10 minutes away. Also close to waterside in pics above for food and adult beverages. Salt water

Chickohominy is our favorite sand bar. Strictly boat people. The river is perfect for water sports, and sand bar for chilling. We put in at Chickohominy Camp Ground ramp. About 10 minute boat ride to party cove. Fresh water

Chipoaks is another State Park boat spot. More of a family spot because it's very very big. It is also drivable beach access. So public and boat people. Sandy bottom from beach to half a mile out. We put in at Lawnes Creek Boat Ramp to get there. 20 minute ride up the James. Fresh water

Next season we want to hit the lakes. Anna, Smith, Gaston, etc. Also a couple places in Hampton we want to try.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Here's where the sub ended up finished. It's wired to the cabin syndx6. Channels 5&6 bridged. Giving it about 500 watts at 3/4 gain. I may end up rebuilding the enclosure. I wanted it against the back wall instead of against seat. It works, and great. However, I may rebuild and move it:

Here's the video to the sound and description of sound system. True potential of course is only what you're listening device will allow, but it sounds great. As you can hear when I turn the towers up, and your behind the boat you get blasted with sound. Sub is still there, and you can hear it:

Also added heavy duty industrial velcro to my anchor cushion to keep it from potentially blowing out while trailering. Same for starboard aft cushion. The only two not hinged basically. No issues so far at 70-75 mph:

Last edited:

shar

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
sounds good! (also added that song to my boat playlist :) )

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Thank
sounds good! (also added that song to my boat playlist :) )
Thank you my guy. We've had people break it down on shore as we ride by to that track. They get up from their tables at restaurants and drop it. Good ol mack

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Little update on what I finished yesterday after work. Forgot to post this in original post, but did the JBP Seadek walkover pads and engine hatch pad. The engine hatch pad was removed on test drive at dealer, and will probably never go back in the boat. Our old boat you had to walk on rear sun deck, and step on rear seat to get in the boat. Hated that. Cushions always ripped. So love the yamaha walkover. These make it even better :

Now to the fun stuff. So my port rear under seat is full of electronics as you all see. It's great to have it all in one spot. Lose storage space, but we have all we need in the other compartments anyway so no big deal there. Now I did something from my old car show days :

Spayed the legs with this stuff to prevent water from eating up the MDF. This is a temporary solution, and may rebuild this over the winter and fiberglass it (same as sub box). We shall see how this holds up next couple outtings:

Anyway, here's what I've done. I made a two part false floor for that compartment. Long part goes in first, and then smaller upper section goes in. The whole area gets covered still leaving access to perko switch. Easily fits our 2 neoprene wakeboard jackets, and some extra lines for mooring :

Here's a shot of the step up system. It literally lays on top of the big section. Super easy removal and installation. No screws :

Back side view showing speaker still exposed :

Top view is now super clean :

Great way to hide the electronics, and still keep some storage space :

Last edited:

rkim808

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Aloha @Hoyt mean builds brother, love the mods and mahalo(thank u) for sharing.πŸ€™πŸ½