• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S SVHO Engine Performance Upgrades

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was just reviewing Riva's site for the 2020 SVHO engine upgrades. They list this stage 1 kit for a potential 9mph increase in speed on the jet ski. Nothing required accept their Map X tuner. Anyone have experience with this kit on one of the newer jet boats?

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
Hello and Yes. Read my Solas Impeller on 2019 AR195 thread. I also did the Maptuner Stage 1 tune. Although with the 13/18 impeller, ribbon delete, K&N Air filter, Lucky 13, and upgraded cooling strainer, I really didn't see the gains. I did once (with tail wind and current) reached 52.3 MPH @ 7860 RPms but usually, around 49 mph. Prior to all the above, I reached 44 to 45. The gains would be ok but it caused major cavitation. In fact it was so bad, that I took the pump apart, used marine JB Weld and smoothed out everything in hopes to obtain a better seal. I just recently took off the Solas and installed the factory impeller back on. I am now going to try the "stock" tune which just raises the rev limit and boost only.

gwrace1

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
@dshscarab. Thank you. Sounds like it's not worth the investment. I really don't want to do anything on a new boat that would impact the factory warranty.

dshscarab

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR195
Boat Length
I know some members had better luck with performance upgrades on pre 2019 years. I believe the 2019+ redesign has something to do with it.

Compatico

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Other
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
@dshscarab. Thank you. Sounds like it's not worth the investment.
It works great on jetskis because they're so light, but compared to a 2500 lbs boat it doesn't add much without a lot of other mods to help. @DavisAR195 has done some mods with a 2019 AR195 which is almost identical, might want to read his posts.

As for top end, I'm fine with the top speed - I typically run WOT about 5% of the time as the lakes are busy, the rest is cruising and toodling in unexplored (by us) areas.