• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195S New Rod Holders Install.....and a question!

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Well, I'm headed out fishing today with a friend in my 195S to try out my new rod holders. Going to be doing some trolling for White Bass, Stripers, or whatever else will get on the hook! :) I wanted to share my rod holder install on my 2020 195S to get some feedback and maybe help others come up with similar ideas. I ended up going with the same Amarine rod holders over in @HangOutdoors thread, and I can say that they are definitely well made at an affordable price!

To protect my tower from scratching when mounting them, I first wrapped the tower with foam weather stripping material from O'Reily's Auto Parts, and then cut some black rubber shelf liner material to wrap over the top of that. Secured the shelf liner with black cable ties, and then mounted the rod holders. Not the prettiest, but not the ugliest either......and should do a good job protecting the wake tower. The one thing that would be nice would be some fully polished tubes/covers of some sort to slide over the screw threads to give a more finished look. However, for the price, you can't beat the build quality of these holders.

Now for my question. Should I put rod floats on my fishing rods to be safe? I plan to use these for trolling but am paranoid about storing rods in them when up on plane at speed

IMG_20200822_132608.jpgIMG_20200822_130338.jpg
IMG_20200822_132449.jpg

Last edited:

Julian

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral 2*
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
242X E-Series
Boat Length
but am paranoid about storing rods in them when up on plane at speed
On our bimini trips my brother is equally concerned about putting his very expensive deep sea rods in the angled rod holders. So he attaches a bungee cord to them for the crossing to make sure they stay put.

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I was thinking of something similar to that, but a bit more permanent. Maybe something like the kill switch lanyard type material that you could attach to the post/rod that runs across the base of the rod holder and then some type of clip on the other end of it to attach to to the reel base.

Drozdiak

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Looks great. i've been looking for these and that's a good price.

SantaFeTrailer

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I can vouch for these rod holders. Definitely better quality than the price would leave you to believe. I just attached Gorilla tape to the insides of the clamps. If I ever take them off I'll report whether that kept the tower from getting scratched.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I have 4 installed and they are fantastic for the price.

YamaHog

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
I used them trolling several times this summer and and they work great. I still haven't done anything else to secure the rods yet, but they seemed to stay put just fine up on plane in calm water. For those that install these, don't forget to put the Anti-seize on the Allen screws. I couldn't be happier with them for the price!