• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 195s

cjaysanchez

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I was reviewing the manual for the 195s 2020 to familiarize myself with my new order 2021 we did last week. Getting a list of all the accessories we will need. The manual mentions the mirror for the ar195 and 195s as if it is included. Is there an included mirror with this boat?

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stock mirror on the left side of the picture if you can find it. Lol

Attachments

Tayhadasuperjet

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stock mirror is great for all around, but a bigger mirror would probably be better for towing.

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Stock mirror is pretty much useless in my opinion. Overton's has this one on sale right now for $131 (plus 10% if you can get a code)....they usually sell for around $180-$190. Just ordered mine the other day.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stock mirror is pretty much useless in my opinion. Overton's has this one on sale right now for $131 (plus 10% if you can get a code)....they usually sell for around $180-$190. Just ordered mine the other day.

@mjs5128 Did you get it yet? I just ordered one, thanks for sharing the link. The mirror that comes with the boat is so worthless lol

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
It was just delivered about an hour ago at the house. I'll post some pictures after work.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Sweet, I saw a couple pics from a Malibu online and the FOV looks perfect, Just curious how it will look on a 195

Yamahaul

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
What about a folding wake board tower? I saw that advertised on boat trader as well.

BrandonG

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
What about a folding wake board tower? I saw that advertised on boat trader as well.
I believe that to be a standard feature of the 195S

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Didn’t get a chance to place the mirror on the boat but the field of view is huge on this thing, and it’s crystal clear. It’s also pretty big, at 18-5/8” wide. It’s been a pita towing without a good mirror, so it should be great for any tubes/skiers/boarders. My only concern is normal driving while it’s mounted. I seldom sit below the windshield, I’m either on my bolster or standing. Hopefully it doesn’t completely block my view.

90E238C3-CD94-40A8-9185-4614F4999B17.jpeg
87722702-58EC-4005-883B-E36D99F96320.jpeg

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Thanks for the tip. I've been watching that mirror for awhile not wanting to spend the $200. Just ordered one. That was a good deal.

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
I'll probably place it in front of the passenger seat so it won't obstruct my view. But its a bit too hot outside to experiment with placement right now. It should give me an awesome view behind the boat. The mirror just doesn't have that "stock" look to it, but for almost 40% off I can't complain.

I was happy to see I can still drop the tower without having to remove the mirror every time.

IMG_5291.JPGIMG_5292.JPGf I IMG_5293.JPGIMG_5294 (2).JPG

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That’s awesome. Good news about the tower. I have the same issue . Thanks for the updated pics. Now I need to check my highest point. Hope it’s not the windshield. I may have garage door clearance issues.

JetMania

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Doesn’t look too bad. I understand the “doesn’t look stock” comment. That was always my sticking point. Plus I always seem to have a spotter and it seems easy to watch everything ahead while also swiveling my head to check who I’m towing (just like Dad did back in the day). Of course if your running where there’s a ton of traffic, I get it; however, wakeboarding, skiing and tubing isn’t that fun in heavy traffic anyway.

Farny

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Centurion
Year
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
That’s awesome. Good news about the tower. I have the same issue . Thanks for the updated pics. Now I need to check my highest point. Hope it’s not the windshield. I may have garage door clearance issues.
Highest point will be your tower Bimini clip. There is some good info in the forum about fitting the 195s in your garage

white2kstang

Jet Boat Junkie
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Very happy with the mirror. Huge improvement over the factory unit and I didn't need to make any additional changes with the drop hitch.

drewkaree

Jetboaters Fleet Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Stock mirror sucks ass, if it's the same as the one I got. I ended up giving it to my neighbor, he sticks it OUTSIDE the windshield on his Ski Brendella when they're waterskiing.

I ended up getting this: Amazon.com: CIPA 02000 COMP Universal 7" x 14" Marine Mirror: Automotive Amazon has it for $43 right now, it's HUGE (7x14), and it comes WITH the universal mount. They sell JUST the mirror for $40!

I didn't buy mine from Amazon, I got it from Overton's last year, but I can't find it on their website anywhere. IIRC, I paid $56 for the thing at the time. It was more expensive than Amazon, but Amazon didn't have them in stock and estimated delivery was at least a month out at the time. I don't understand spending multiple hundreds of dollars for a friggen mirror, but I will admit, if that Samson mirror was half the price, I'd be sorely tempted to throw money at it, or have SantaDrew get me one for Christmas.

mjs5128

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
195S
Boat Length
Very happy with the mirror. Huge improvement over the factory unit and I didn't need to make any additional changes with the drop hitch.
Tested mine out a lot last week, had my nephews out wakeboarding for their first time. The view is great and the fact That I can see them all the way out on either side of the wake is awesome. My neck is saved!!