• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR210 Mod/Build thread

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I've read so much information on this thread that has helped so much. I figured I'd pass on what I'm learning with my boat for future owners.

List of upgrades I wanted to do from the get go, we shall see how many I complete or if I change my mind.

1) Ridesteady
2) Seadeck for front and back
3) Water buzzer
4) gas alarm
5) probably get to some more lighting after all that
Added Cobra steering or Thrust vectors, bow roller

First thing we did, picked her up at the dealer, do you ever think it will be so shiny?
Dealer did a poor job of a walkthrough, blame Rona, blame myself (I really didn't care), blame the dealer.
No gas (hardly anyway), discovered later no fire extinguishers (WTF). Boat was really clean until the sales guy grabbed the back deck with his greasy gloves (Double WTF). Asked a few times to put the license plate on the trailer, finally sales guy did it. You'd think I was pulling teeth.

Order the Anchor, cover, and surf kit. No board, had to go inside and talk with the service guy to figure that out. Come on Sales guy!

Overall I'd give the dealer a D+ (the + because of Rona probably limited a lot of normality and they are trying to figure out).

Of course, I didn't let that get me down. Happy as a clam driving it home!

Attachments

Last edited:

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Boated for the weekend. When we got home my 60" CE Smith Trailer Post Guide-On with LED Lighted Posts from Amazon showed up. Also picked up the american flag cushions on Amazon. Happy with the lights!

Attachments

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
I've read so much information on this thread that has helped so much. I figured I'd pass on what I'm learning with my boat for future owners.

List of upgrades I wanted to do from the get go, we shall see how many I complete or if I change my mind.

1) Ridesteady
2) Seadeck for front and back
3) Water buzzer
4) gas alarm
5) probably get to some more lighting after all that
Added Cobra steering or Thrust vectors, bow roller

First thing we did, picked her up at the dealer, do you ever think it will be so shiny?
Dealer did a poor job of a walkthrough, blame Rona, blame myself (I really didn't care), blame the dealer.
No gas (hardly anyway), discovered later no fire extinguishers (WTF). Boat was really clean until the sales guy grabbed the back deck with his greasy gloves (Double WTF). Asked a few times to put the license plate on the trailer, finally sales guy did it. You'd think I was pulling teeth.

Order the Anchor, cover, and surf kit. No board, had to go inside and talk with the service guy to figure that out. Come on Sales guy!

Overall I'd give the dealer a D+ (the + because of Rona probably limited a lot of normality and they are trying to figure out).

Of course, I didn't let that get me down. Happy as a clam driving it home!
Beautiful boat! What anchor did you order? The one I purchased in January is too small for the holder...

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Added @Cobra Jet Steering LLC Super Magnum AK-19 Deluxe edition to my boat. I took it out for the first time, I didn't have much issue backing up (way better than my inboard) but it was squirrely at low speeds for sure. Can't wait to see how these change that.

Attachments

Mwilly

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Added @Cobra Jet Steering LLC Super Magnum AK-19 Deluxe edition to my boat. I took it out for the first time, I didn't have much issue backing up (way better than my inboard) but it was squirrely at low speeds for sure. Can't wait to see how these change that.
Why did you decide to go with Cobra instead of Thrust Vector? I need to get a system for my AR210 when I pick it up.

anmut

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212S
Boat Length
Why did you decide to go with Cobra instead of Thrust Vector? I need to get a system for my AR210 when I pick it up.
I went with Cobras because they're less expensive - although once you start putting on all the extras it comes close. Cobras have worked great for me, although I like the look of the TV more. I'll say that the customer service for Cobra is second to none, he's on this forum and answers questions via PM or email really quick.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I don't believe the Thrust Vectors are available for 19-up boats? Due to the nozzle design. I could be wrong though, my hetero domestic partner reminds me all the time.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
Now that I think about it, maybe that was the Lateral Thrusters. See, she's right!

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
I flipped a coin..... Both guys are great and give a lot to this forum and sport. I am positive that either will work for you. Jeff was super responsive before, during, and after my purchase/installation.

Dixie Highway

Jetboaters Commander
Reaction score
Boat Make
Boatless
Year
NA
Boat Model
Other
Boat Length
NA
I have the same one as @AncientCanoe it fits MUCH better than the 3.5" one.

ctyke

Jet Boat Addict
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
That roller is better than stock, but I found this Stoltz roller to fit the 210 hulls a lot better.

View attachment 117417

Link
yup, thanks. I found that AFTER i ordered/installed the one with bigger bells.... I believe I can just order the bells... off to spend money.. Nope, different middle too.

Hoyt

Jetboaters Lieutenant
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
Limited S
Boat Length
Looking good so far. Sounds like your dealer really sucked though