• Welcome to Jetboaters.net!

We are delighted you have found your way to the best Jet Boaters Forum on the internet! Please consider Signing Up so that you can enjoy all the features and offers on the forum. We have members with boats from all the major manufacturers including Yamaha, Seadoo, Scarab and Chaparral. We don't email you SPAM, and the site is totally non-commercial. So what's to lose? IT IS FREE!

Membership allows you to ask questions (no matter how mundane), meet up with other jet boaters, see full images (not just thumbnails), browse the member map and qualifies you for members only discounts offered by vendors who run specials for our members only! (It also gets rid of this banner!)

free hit counter

2020 AR210 Trolling Motor

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well I have been working back and forth on different mount locations all day, and to be honest I am not pleased with any of them. I have the MinnKota Terrova 80# 24v 60" shaft. I also have the MinnKota quick release mount with the puck.

I was going to do what @Evil Sports did here, but my front nav light is much further back and I would have to extend the starboard out even further, like a mini gang plank, the edge of my puck needs to be around 2" from the edge of the boat at the shortest point. My concern is that my nav lights may be harder to see, although the Starboard base will be higher as can be seen in the post below.

IF you go up in the same thread there is an idea to put it on the bow gunwale, which would work, but I don't see a way to get behind it. I am assuming there is no hole behind the backrest cushions and the speaker is to far back from me to get my arm up there. The concern in this location is the strength of the fiberglass. I would need to put some backing plates or something there I think, not just large SS Fender washers and and nylon bolts.

Since I would assume there isn't access behind the cushion, I would have to cut an access hole after removing the cushion, which I may not be super fond of doing. Additionally I cant figure out how to remove the cushion. I thought you just pop it up, but that doesn't seem to work and I don't want to break something.

Anyhow I am a bit remiss over it tonight and trying to cipher it out. Any suggestions or thoughts would be great. I need to mount it by Sunday or I will only have a couple of days to return the Trolling Motor and the two LiFePo4 batteries to Bass Pro Shops so I don't eat the cost.

Also any advice on how to remove that bow back cushion or how to get a mounting plate up there would be appreciated.

Trying to figure it all out and come to terms with it before I started drilling.

20210512_195733.jpg
20210512_195744.jpg
20210512_195747.jpg

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Also How would I determine what would be level on the boat sitting in the water while it is on the trailer? If I can figure this out the mount (puck) should be level while the boat is in the water, which makes it tough since the surface I am mounting to is going to be uneven or curved.

BDriver886

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Just out of curiosity have you tried the factory trolling motor mount that fits on the FSH models? Didn’t know if it wouldn’t fit or you didn’t want to drill holes.

Might be possible to get more starboard and double stack it to clear nav lights.

Not exactly sure what you mean by level to water. The trolling motor shaft height will be adjustable position it where the motor is under water.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BDriver886 Thanks for the input. The one for the FSH will not fit the gunwales are widely different between the boats. The FSH is flat and wide. I have no problem in drilling holes :)

I can get it to clear the Nav lights, but my Nav lights are back a bit so I will have to extend the starboard out a ways link a gang plank off to the right or left side.. I may just mock that up with some 3/4 Pine I have to see how it looks, before I cut into the expensive starboard. Only problem with the Anchor locker mount is you basically lose usage of anchor locker while the trolling motor is mounted.

The top of the mounting puck should be level to to the water, so the mounting surface I have to build up needs to be level to the water. While the boat is on the trailer it is hard to ascertain where that will be. I was hoping there was a rule of thumb or reference to go by. I wasn't referring to the shaft.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
If you look in the anchor locker, can you see any mounting bolts for those cushions? In some automotive applications, seat back are slid down on mounting brackets and snap into place. I would be curious to see if you can lift those cushions off. Just an idea. I have no idea how Yamaha mounts their seats. Seems to be logical if you can't find any mounting hardware

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
No can't see anything with the anchor locker enclosure. I found a thread that mentioned what you indicated about sliding off, but it wasn't working.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
No can't see anything with the anchor locker enclosure. I found a thread that mentioned what you indicated about sliding off, but it wasn't working.
No wing nuts under the bottom of the cushion? Maybe have to remove fasteners before lifting up?

BDriver886

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
It’s a shame the NAV lights are not molded into the gunwales like some of the new bass boats. Then maybe you wouldn’t have a plank.

I’ve only messed with trolling motors on bass boats they have a flatter surface to work with. As far as level goes I’d make sure the trailer was level then check to see if boat was level. Pretend the ground was water eyeball it and wing it from there. I’m not generally known for over thinking.

BDriver886

Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Found a couple of forward sliding trolling motor brackets that may work. Would allow you to mount further back and slide forward when in use. I have never seen or used either but they look interesting.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
@BDriver886 I saw that sliding mount. Not sure it would get me any closer to my objective, but it could help with the anchor locker more. Not sure dropping another few hundred on this will be approved by the Admiral, since we have a lot into the trolling motor and batteries, wiring, plug, bigger on board charger.

She came out yesterday while I was sitting on the bow looking and trying different ideas and said "If you can't do it or don't know what you are doing, let's just take the stuff back this weekend" :rolleyes: So I am agitated and determined.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Well it looks like they are screwed in, in 3 locations and then a slide clip in one. This is from the Service Manual. Not sure how I am going to get up there though.

1620908797039.png

Attachments

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Perhaps I just give it a whirl on the Anchor Locker. I planned to seadek the top anyhow, so if I move it I can fill the 4-6 holes and just seadek over it. Although the gunwale mount is far more attractive and usable.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
Maybe if you just remove the nut #9 and then it slides up. All those screws look like they secure the slide brackets.

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Doesn't look like nut #9 is part of it. The ones in question are #21 #19 #16 for the Port side back cushion rest up against the side.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm thinking those brackets screw into the bow, and the cushions are released at both #21. They want to make it as easy as possible to assemble the boat. I'm going to try and get one of mine off today. It would be a shame if you had to send that stuff back. Tell the Admiral, "I know what I'm doing, I'm an engineer, fabricator, and problem solver, that's why I make the big bucks"

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
AR
Boat Length
Don't do anything that would break something. I searched here on the forums and didn't find any info on it. I am sure someone has had to remove them already on my model of boat at least in the last few years. Was hoping to get some insight.

RobbieO

Jetboaters Captain
Reaction score
Boat Make
Yamaha
Year
Boat Model
212SE
Boat Length
I'm sure you saw this?

HangOutdoors

Jetboaters Admiral